Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:25 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley19 View Post
My hubby, Mark, is in need of a kidney and pancreas transplant. He had diabeties since 12. Between that and high blood pressure, it caused kidney failure. Luckily we found out that I am a match and were supposed to have surgery Dec. 11 but the doctor, I should say coordinator screwed that up. It has now been scheduled for Jan 22. Right before he was diagnosed with this, he was let go from his job because of his poor eyesight. Another affect from the diabeties. Needless to say, it has been difficult financially and emotionally. Comes next month, he will be receiving disability but that is only half of what he was getting working. It is not even enough to cover the mortgage. With all the unexpected expense from emergency room, certain procedures, extra perscriptions, and paying for Medicare along with $400+ that I pay for insurance, there has been several fundraisers. I am hoping this gets us through until I recover from the surgery and can look for a part time job. We may not have much but we have love and wonderful friends and family. For that we are truely blessed. Now you are caught up.

Be positive..have faith...you will be in our thoughts and prayers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times
Hats off to you scranbarre...what a wonderful act of kindness...whenever you
do good for people it always comes back to you (Karma)...that was awesome.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:46 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,619 times
Scranbarre,

I started to cry when I read the post of what you did. How sweet of you! That was awesome. There should be more of you in this world

Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
I can not wait to meet him. I am sure he is working tonight but I can not make it out. I am working on a card and a little home made gift for him.
No, no, no!!! No gifts!!! LOL! You have enough to be concerned about right now in your lives. Just view what I did as the least I could do in order to try to assuage what you've been going through.

If someone WOULD like to "thank" ME for this, then by all means send me a DM, and I'll reply with ashley19's mailing address so you, too, can help her and her husband out. As I said I've been "blessed" in life in many ways. It sucks being as lonely as I am right now, but otherwise life has been kind and sweet to me, even if I don't appreciate it sometimes. Don't fret about the amount I gave you, either. I was working during the mass panic during our first snow of the season and sold snow blowers left and right. I receive a commission on those, so what I gave you will probably be recouped by me in the commissions portion of my pay check. If you and your husband need ANYTHING---even a ride sometime to a doctor's appointment or something---don't hesitate to ask.

You also asked how I "found" you. I knew your last name from the letter you sent to the Times-Leader some time ago. I cross-referenced that with the online assessment database for Luzerne County, and voila---you popped up! The most difficult time I had was finding a place to park, so I just parked at a nearby playground and hustled over before I got a ticket! LOL!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:17 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
No, no, no!!! No gifts!!! LOL! You have enough to be concerned about right now in your lives. Just view what I did as the least I could do in order to try to assuage what you've been going through.

If someone WOULD like to "thank" ME for this, then by all means send me a DM, and I'll reply with ashley19's mailing address so you, too, can help her and her husband out. As I said I've been "blessed" in life in many ways. It sucks being as lonely as I am right now, but otherwise life has been kind and sweet to me, even if I don't appreciate it sometimes. Don't fret about the amount I gave you, either. I was working during the mass panic during our first snow of the season and sold snow blowers left and right. I receive a commission on those, so what I gave you will probably be recouped by me in the commissions portion of my pay check. If you and your husband need ANYTHING---even a ride sometime to a doctor's appointment or something---don't hesitate to ask.

You also asked how I "found" you. I knew your last name from the letter you sent to the Times-Leader some time ago. I cross-referenced that with the online assessment database for Luzerne County, and voila---you popped up! The most difficult time I had was finding a place to park, so I just parked at a nearby playground and hustled over before I got a ticket! LOL!

You are just too cool...cyber hugs Dude!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:27 AM

201 posts, read 538,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

You never answered me about when you will be working. I have made hand made cards and little gifts for everyone that donated. I enjoy doing that. That is how I keep my sanity I may not make it up this weekend because Mark tore all his ligaments in his shoulder when he was sleepwalking and now depends on me for EVERYTHING. He is in so much pain that I had to bathe him last night and I also have to get him dressed. I really don't know how I am holding it together. I just hope this does not affect the surgery date. I wouldn't be surprised because that is our luck. I know how you found the address but it is still a difficult place to find. I have a lot of room to park. Did the neighbors dogs scare the crap out of you? You had to be there right after I left. I left to pick him up at 10:45 and was home around 12:00. Thank you so much for all the offers. Luckily my mom is retired and does a lot of running around with him so I don't have to miss work. If you are feeling lonely, you can stop over anytime for a visit. I am uncertain but my sister wants to have a little get together for New Years Eve and since she lives at home she wants to have it at my house. I told her as long as she buys the beer. You are welcome to stop. No matter what, we will still be home that night. I hope 2009 will bring better luck for all of us. It is not starting out good already. My insurance is going up around another $30/month and we were just told that they are not going to match our 401K starting in Feb. I guess that means no raise either. I better stop now before I give myself a headache.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 AM

201 posts, read 538,982 times
Paul,
I just heard from my sister and we are doing a little something for New Years Eve so if your other plans don't work out, stop over. It will not be very many people. You can teach me how to dance on the pole. LOL. Hubby would love you for that! The only one in the house is in the basement, holding up the house. That gives a whole new meaning to "Bringing down the house". But seriously, the offer stands.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Paul,
I just heard from my sister and we are doing a little something for New Years Eve so if your other plans don't work out, stop over. It will not be very many people. You can teach me how to dance on the pole. LOL. Hubby would love you for that! The only one in the house is in the basement, holding up the house. That gives a whole new meaning to "Bringing down the house". But seriously, the offer stands.
Thanks very much for the offer, Cheryl, but I have my eye on a certain someone who will be at one of the New Year's Eve parties I was invited to, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to try to press my luck a bit tomorrow night with my quirky romantic charms, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying I'm going to try sharing a glass of champagne, but I've most certainly been in dire need of a cuddle buddy as of late with all that's been going on, and all the offers I've had have been from guys older than Dan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania