Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,646,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
2. Why did she leave the private facility again?
She lost the buildings in a divorce proceeding, from her husband, who was the real one trained to take care of animals.

Want to know more?
I suppose you could call:

Dr. Thomas Miller
Pocono Lake Animal Hospital
HC 87 Box 65
Pocono Lake, PA 18347
Phone: 570-646-2963 or 570-839-2269
Fax: 570-646-6398

[FEL-L] PA - Tigers and cougars and gators, oh my

Last edited by scrantonluna; 04-08-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,108,298 times
I know that, hence the question, but I wanted to see if the representative from the GWC did...She/he indicated that the GWC left their private facility and moved to Nay Aug at the request of our mayor.....

Quote:
D Dozen wrote:
She was a private facility not open to the public and her biggest mistake was coming here because you people of Scranton are very ungrateful and can't appreciate what she was trying to do by request of your Mayor.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM

If the city did indeed approach her first, it was a huge stroke of luck, as she was up a creek without a paddle at the time and probably desperate for a new location.

I'm pretty sure I recall the zoo being opened for a very limited time in the summer, with animals being showcased for a few weeks and then being removed. They weren't being kept there full time, just for a short while. If Genesis was the group involved with this, it may have evolved into the situation we have now.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:03 AM

35 posts, read 50,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
If the city did indeed approach her first, it was a huge stroke of luck, as she was up a creek without a paddle at the time and probably desperate for a new location.

I'm pretty sure I recall the zoo being opened for a very limited time in the summer, with animals being showcased for a few weeks and then being removed. They weren't being kept there full time, just for a short while. If Genesis was the group involved with this, it may have evolved into the situation we have now.
I thought you had all your information right. Obyiously not!! Ms. Miller is not divorced but that is none of your business. She is the one who was trained to do the animals not Dr. Miller. Next time you post make sure you have all of your fact not what you think in your mind or half truths.
Thats what the problem is. People gossip with out knowing the facts.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I know that, hence the question, but I wanted to see if the representative from the GWC did...She/he indicated that the GWC left their private facility and moved to Nay Aug at the request of our mayor.....

Yes your Mayor of Scranton asked Ms. Miller to come and she did not have to leave her own facility. But the he made her promises that the city would love to be able to see these animals and enjoy them and it would be benificial to the city.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
She lost the buildings in a divorce proceeding, from her husband, who was the real one trained to take care of animals.

Want to know more?
I suppose you could call:

Dr. Thomas Miller
Pocono Lake Animal Hospital
HC 87 Box 65
Pocono Lake, PA 18347
Phone: 570-646-2963 or 570-839-2269
Fax: 570-646-6398

[FEL-L] PA - Tigers and cougars and gators, oh my
You have no business pulling her private life in to this...

Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:

No this was not Genesis then I don't know who they were.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs7 View Post
There is a legitimate breeding program (the Species Survival Plan) to help preserve endangered species. See:

Association of Zoos and Aquariums (http://www.aza.org/Conscience/ConscienceSSPFact/ - broken link)

The SSP program ensures that closely related animals are not allowed to breed, and that all animals are cared for properly. If Ms. Miller wished to participate in the program, she should have taken steps to set up a facility that could have become accredited by the AZA. She did not take those steps.

Neutering animals--including lemurs--in order to prevent inbreeding or to prevent the birth of animals that cannot be properly cared for is a perfectly acceptable and responsible action, and it is an action that most vets would fully support.

I do not know where you have been getting your information on animal care, but it seems you have been poorly informed. If you wish to learn more about modern standards of animal care, you may want to begin by visiting the website of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, at:

Association of Zoos and Aquariums

As for the Game Commission (and the USDA), it is the opinion of most reputable animal experts that current laws regarding animal care are substandard and do not fully reflect the many scientific discoveries that have been made about animal behavior and health over the last few decades. This is why the standards of accrediting organizations, such as the AZA, go far beyond those required by the PA Game Commission or the USDA.
She does not breed her animals how may times can I say this.. The vets for exotic animals is different that your cat or dogs.
As I said before they don't know when a lemur is pregnant when it comes to them from another place.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,108,298 times
Again I ask you this....

Are you anything but an uninformed volunteer trying to plead a case of your own or are you authorized to speak on behalf of the GWC and Ms. Miller?

You might want to think about that. If you are not a representative of the GWC and you are NOT authorized to speak for the GWC then you might want to rethink your case here.....

Everything that has been posted is PUBLIC INFORMATION. If you feel that you are actually helping the GWC by coming here and posting like a pissed off college student volunteer then you should stop, rethink and ask your boss if its ok for you to be representing the GWC in internet forums.

Was she leaving the facility in the poconos before the mayor talked to her or did she leave her private facility solely on the request of the mayor? THINK BEFORE YOU ANSWER or ask the right person for the right answer.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 AM

The only thing I can say is that you must be completely brain washed. Genesis was breeding animals, specifically the lemurs. They only stopped because it was brought to the public's attention.

Funny how out of two Millers that work with animals, only one has a 'DR' before their name... You say that Ms. Miller was the one trained, not DOCTOR Miller? Hmm...

You still have not addressed the 186k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania