Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Actually, your "land" is subject to the laws of your locality. And I may be wrong here, but it is against the law to KILL for trespassing. So, no you are not the law. You are a citizen that is bound to live by the laws of his government.
That is a correct statement of the law in this state.

Under 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 507(4), the use of deadly force in this context is strictly regulated. You can't justify a "shoot on sight" rule under this section just for stepping foot on your property.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Actually, your "land" is subject to the laws of your locality. And I may be wrong here, but it is against the law to KILL for trespassing. So, no you are not the law. You are a citizen that is bound to live by the laws of his government.

Not if you drag em in the house first ..

Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
That is a correct statement of the law in this state.

Under 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 507(4), the use of deadly force in this context is strictly regulated. You can't justify a "shoot on sight" rule under this section just for stepping foot on your property.

You all took it out of context .. If someone came on my land to harm me or my family .. and makes an act of aggression, They will be dealt with accordingly ..

Of course I would not shoot to kill if someone was trespassing . But if one was there to do harm, steal or something that would endanger me I would draw down On them..

I never pulled a firearm out without the threat of harm being a factor 1st ..

Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Glad you added a little "levity", to the thread, breaks the tension

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
While I like to think of myself as a live and let live person...if somone was to hurt my child I do not think I would be thinking about what was legal! Mama bear type instincts would take hold I think.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
No, you are still subject to the laws of your government in your own home.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
No, you are still subject to the laws of your government in your own home.

Yea ok while someone is harming your family ..You stand there and do nothing .. Shake your finger at them and say '' Shame on you'' , that is illegal .. Get real.. only the strong survive ,,

At that point the laws go out the window .. its called .. ...
Justifiable homicide

Justifiable homicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shake your finger at that ..........

Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Each case is different. Megans law website can be misleading. Their is a registered sex offender down the street from me. He had consent sex with a minor ( 15 yr old girl) some yrs back. I dont consider him a pervert. To me a perv is a man that sexes young children & a man that rapes. ALOT of girls (esp in ca) are 13,14,15 but look/act older. MANY lie about there age as well. Just go to the beach or water slides during the summer & you will see what i mean. Why many girls wear next to nothing ill never understand.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Yea ok while someone is harming your family ..You stand there and do nothing .. Shake your finger at them and say '' Shame on you'' , that is illegal .. Get real.. only the strong survive ,,

At that point the laws go out the window .. its called .. ...
Justifiable homicide

Justifiable homicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shake your finger at that ..........
As already posted Justifiable Homicide has a very narrow definition. And for good reason.

You jumped from someone being on your "land" to someone harming your family. Those are two totally different things. I would do what I could - physically and morally - to protect my family. Someone walking on my "land" is not threatening said family.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Each case is different. Megans law website can be misleading. Their is a registered sex offender down the street from me. He had consent sex with a minor ( 15 yr old girl) some yrs back. I dont consider him a pervert. To me a perv is a man that sexes young children & a man that rapes. ALOT of girls (esp in ca) are 13,14,15 but look/act older. MANY lie about there age as well. Just go to the beach or water slides during the summer & you will see what i mean. Why many girls wear next to nothing ill never understand.
Glad you brought up that not everyone on the list is a pervert....maybe under certain circumstances, some people should be deleted. I must add that some folks seem to be taking things out of context....and too literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania