Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times

Advertisements

What kind of sub human piece of sh*t beats to death a one year old child? This is why we need the death penalty IMO. Some people simply deserve to die period! I hope the mother also is charged with neglect and endangering the welfare of a child. I know it's a cliche, but honestly, you should have to get a licence to have a baby. It never amazes me the irresponsible, pieces of trash out there that are parents. God bless the poor baby that died at the hands of this monster! I hope this animal gets pummeled to death in prison. That'll be justice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:11 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I am so sick of hearing about the vulnerable, weak, defenseless being abused, taken advantage of. It's sickening. I hope that (something like) justice prevails.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 PM

91 posts, read 365,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I am so sick of hearing about the vulnerable, weak, defenseless being abused, taken advantage of. It's sickening. I hope that (something like) justice prevails.
I agree. There needs to be stiffer laws in place to protect those who are taken advantage of. ESPECIALLY babies and children who suffer through abuse. Horrible.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
This is why we need the death penalty IMO.
I disagree- to an extent.

No matter how shocking the crime, for me there are too many problems with the administration of the death penalty to justify its continued imperfect existence. Innocent people are executed, the death penalty is given more frequently to murderers of white victims than to murderers of black victims, the punishment itself is cruel given the problems with lethal injection, and other problems make it unconscionable to use.

I will grant that in a perfect world without any of these problems, a crime like this is probably most suitable for the death penalty. Here, the victim is completely defenseless, so the aggravating factors scale is tipped heavily against the defendant. There really is no greater power imbalance than this situation. It just shocks the conscience. In a perfect world, the defendant in this case deserves the death penalty.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
I disagree- to an extent.

No matter how shocking the crime, for me there are too many problems with the administration of the death penalty to justify its continued imperfect existence. Innocent people are executed, the death penalty is given more frequently to murderers of white victims than to murderers of black victims, the punishment itself is cruel given the problems with lethal injection, and other problems make it unconscionable to use.

I will grant that in a perfect world without any of these problems, a crime like this is probably most suitable for the death penalty. Here, the victim is completely defenseless, so the aggravating factors scale is tipped heavily against the defendant. There really is no greater power imbalance than this situation. It just shocks the conscience. In a perfect world, the defendant in this case deserves the death penalty.
This animal deserves to die. Lethal injection is to easy for this piece of sh*t. They should dust off the electric chair, and bring it out of retirement for this animal, and let him fry for an extra five minutes then usual until he is "well done". And while you have a point about innocent people being accidentally put to death, I believe with the increasing accuracy of foresic sciences, and DNA that, that is becoming a thing of the past. I don't even know if the death penalty is or is not a deterent, but all I know is that some of these sub human animals deserve to die, and die a painful slow death. I do believe that the death penalty should be reserved for the worst of the worst cases, and when there is absolutely 100% proof that the person charged with the crime was indeed the one who commited it.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
What kind of sub human piece of sh*t beats to death a one year old child? This is why we need the death penalty IMO. Some people simply deserve to die period! I hope the mother also is charged with neglect and endangering the welfare of a child. I know it's a cliche, but honestly, you should have to get a licence to have a baby. It never amazes me the irresponsible, pieces of trash out there that are parents. God bless the poor baby that died at the hands of this monster! I hope this animal gets pummeled to death in prison. That'll be justice!
I agree. The scum of the earth that beat this child should suffer the same fate. They should beat him until they fracture his skull and let him die. I can't even begin to imagine the horror that this baby went through.....and I get angry, sad, and sick if I think about it.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
I agree with Commish. This crime is absolutely horrifying, but I don't think that this "person" should get the DP. Way, way, way too easy. Let him find his way in prison.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Let him find his way in prison.
I'd be OK with that, as long as he's living in the general prison population and not given special protections....he deserves some "prison justice."

Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'd be OK with that, as long as he's living in the general prison population and not given special protections....he deserves some "prison justice."

I couldn't agree more. And he also needs to serve life without possibility of parole. Fat chance of that happening though.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Is it just me, or are any of y'all hearing more & more sick crap happening in the last year or two??

Just in the past month or so down here:

Man rapes 2 y/o girl, beats her almost to death & throws her in a dumpster.

Man throws toddler out of car window on highway.

Man sets dog on fire.

Man breaks neck of infant to stop him from crying.

Man rapes 8 y/o girl, kills her, cuts her up & disposes of body parts.

Man beats duck.

Men invade home, rape & kill both mother & son.

I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard or seen on the news, but it's really beyond my comprehension how anybody can do these things....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania