Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:56 PM

159 posts, read 318,080 times

Advertisements

I thought they were supposed to be open by now? I have also heard rumors that they are closed for good. I certainly hope that is not the case. Does anyone know if or when they are reopening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 10:26 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Mall perplexed by dark cinema

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that theater to reopen. The company that owns it has run it into the ground...I only went there once while it was open, and that was the last time....it was dirty and poorly staffed. Not to mention, especially if you're going with kids, there's a lot of undesirables hanging around down there. Even if it reopens, I'll keep driving right past it to the Cinemark.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM

159 posts, read 318,080 times
Well, 5 months later, Marquee Cinema is back!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:59 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Mall perplexed by dark cinema

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that theater to reopen. The company that owns it has run it into the ground...I only went there once while it was open, and that was the last time....it was dirty and poorly staffed. Not to mention, especially if you're going with kids, there's a lot of undesirables hanging around down there. Even if it reopens, I'll keep driving right past it to the Cinemark.
I'm with you, Cinemark is the place to go see movies, that is until the new HD movie theater opens in Dickson City. Does Marquee actually think it will survive in the long term with Cinemark and the new one opening soon? I think not.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM

82 posts, read 144,957 times
Lets see if Doherty takes the credit for the reopening! Its part of the Bring back the city campaign!People will flock from all over to see the ribbon cutting! Now that I am done beeing a wise guy.I hope for the sake of the area it stays open.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

203 posts, read 577,099 times
I'm glad to see Marquis Cinema reopen. I like to take the kids there for the movies in the summer & we would go get a bite to eat either before or after seeing a movie. I hope they will still stamp the parking lot tickets. THAT was one of the reasons that I went there.
Now on the other hand, I won't go after dark. The parking garages & crouds around the place in the evening makes me uncomfortable with small children. The crude language & obnoxiuosness is something I can do without. I only go during the day.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:51 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonWest View Post
Now on the other hand, I won't go after dark. The parking garages & crouds around the place in the evening makes me uncomfortable with small children. The crude language & obnoxiuosness is something I can do without. I only go during the day.
Sad isn't it. The downtown has fallen to the point that we cannot even take our children to the movies after dark..... My pride is restored.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
My pride is restored.
Its a 24 hour downtown! (for the crips, bloods, and homeless, that is..)

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,261 times
kids need somewhere where they can hang out , without bothering patrons, and without getting hassled by law..{not advocating unlawful behavior}.. the days of the Southside Mcdonalds, Pals, and Nay Aug are sadly over...

Nay Aug died years ago when they threw the 100's of kids out for the sake of a few greybeards walking their dogs...

Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
the days of the Southside Mcdonalds,.
Your showing your age.. Nothing like a bunch or iroc's and 6.0 mustang GT's cruising around....LOL
....so funny.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania