Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM

259 posts, read 510,533 times

Advertisements

City_Data Constituents,

In 2011 Springfield VA will see an influx of residents due to a few new DoD components moving into the city.

I'll be moving to Springfield this summer instead of waiting till 2011 to beat the "rush" so to speak.

Does anyone in here have a shortlist of apartments to consider. Price range at this point is no more than $1800 for a 2 bedroom. Also is there any general insight on Springfield? Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM

So far I have spied Saratoga Square, Springfield Crossing and Archstone Springfield. So far Archstone seems to be the best, at least from what I could tell after researching online and reading reviews. Any others?

Old 06-10-2010, 09:27 PM

So nobody has any info on Springfield as far as apartments go on this forum? If so please share, thank you in advance

Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Check out the Kingstowne neighborhood as well, about 4 miles east of Springfield.

I just don't know much if anything about the apartment communities in Springfield. Archstone is a large company and has properties all over the NoVa area and their apartments are generally fairly well managed but because of size sometimes a tenant will hit bureaucratic snafus.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,406,007 times
There are apartments in West Springfield on the corner of Old Keene Mill Road and Bauer. Very convenient to shopping, safe area, and right on the Metro bus route. It is close to the post office, police station, fire department, and Panera/Whole Foods, and a lot of other shopping (all walking distance). I am sorry that I don't have the exact name (too busy keeping my eyes on the road when I drive by), but it is something like West Springfield Gardens.

There is also a pleasant arrangement of apartment buildings on Forrester Blvd., near Cardinal Forest Elementary school and Carrleigh Parkway (same general area as the one mentioned above, just farther north). It is a charming area--trees, well-planned streets, and good bus services. Plenty of professional people seem to live in the all-brick townhomes in the same area.

Good luck with your move!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Weezy and Fern, thank you guys for your information. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be driving up to take a look at the properties I have researched as well as the ones you all have suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia