Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 PM

26 posts, read 56,098 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at Arlington County's affordable units page and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this program.

It sounds as if you have to call each individual place to see if you qualify for their affordable units or not, but it sounds like they might be hard to come by...

Any advice would be much appreciatedl! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM

23 posts, read 48,485 times
I am assuming that program is comparable or the same as the program my community uses for affordable housing. We have a family of three, and as long as our annual household income is between 36k and 54k, we get super cheap rent ($1228 for a 2br/2full bath apt vs the $1500 we saw most everywhere else). although i choke on my tongue when i say super cheap because my 2 br/2bath apartment in Delaware was a steep $860.. oh I miss the first state <3 Back on track.. from what I learned when we leased our apartment, the management company has the ability to check up on the residents employment with DOL to make sure their income does not go above or below the limit and if it does, they can kick your butts out. I also learned that they dont, for the most part, check after 6 months until its time to re-sign the lease. We found it to be a perfect option for our first year in the area, and plan to scout Nova over the next few months to find the place that we want to settle for real and plant our roots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia