Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:39 PM

671 posts, read 1,117,998 times

Advertisements

Well the new place by the river is gone. They have a wonderful place with a great patio but it didn't last.
They are gone at the end of the week.
There is going to be a different restaurant with a new owner and menu. Blu 1681 Looks like a varied men upscale dinners, various bar apps.
I wish the new folks well but I don't know how any restaurant can make it through the winter down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 08:45 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times
Huh. I just had to look this place up. I didn't know there was a restaurant down there.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
We went to The Landing a couple of times. We thought the renovations were done nicely and it was so much better than when it was the Water's Edge. We really like the atmosphere on the outside deck but the food was kinda meh and it was super expensive. If I'm going to pay almost $20 for a pasta dish at least give me a side salad or even just a piece of bread to eat with it.

With having so few waterfront restaurants/bars in Woodbridge/Occoquan, there is a lot of opportunity to be had. The location is fabulous but I doubt people know there's something down there. Do some advertising and have good food for a reasonable price.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:17 PM

152 posts, read 179,842 times
We only went to The Landing one time (by boat). I had one of the best hamburgers I've ever and the happy hour drink prices were reasonable.

I agree that they need to advertise more, and unfortunately their location is not very visually appealing as you approach by land.

Hope the new restaurant does well and we'll probably check it out this summer by water.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,610 times
Thumbs up Blu is open

Went to Blu Thursday evening with my wife.
Beautiful evening by the water, the food was excellent and the vegetarian options for my wife tasted great.
It's been re-done in a blue decor and is very pretty with all the little touches around.

We will be going back there with the whole family, probably for a brunch some time soon.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,472 times
We have been to Blu twice since it opened on Thursday, once for dinner and once for brunch.. The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous the owners were walking around greeting people and the food is amazing, it's the perfect spot down there near the water. It looks completely new and fresh with the renovations. The blue touches throughout are gorgeous!! I am excited for it and can't wait to see how it grows!

Old 05-12-2015, 03:56 AM

870 posts, read 2,108,549 times
Hmmm, two raving reviews a few days apart from each other, each by a poster who has never before commented here on C-D. I can't wait for the third one to appear on Wednesday or Thursday!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:58 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike From NIU View Post
Hmmm, two raving reviews a few days apart from each other, each by a poster who has never before commented here on C-D. I can't wait for the third one to appear on Wednesday or Thursday!
I agree with you, Mike. Makes me:

Does anyone have a website for this restaurant? I've googled the name and the only result I get is this thread.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:08 PM

671 posts, read 1,117,998 times
I only knew the restaurant was closing because I bought a gift certificate for a Christmas gift last December. So we went and used that up.
I think the Landing ran off the folks that knew how to find the place and never tried to draw folks to the place. It sits between that gravel pit and a boat storage. Sure there is a Marina but there is not enough boat traffic to keep place going. Maybe when the new development gets going there will be more folks close enough to keep it going.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:35 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I agree with you, Mike. Makes me:

Does anyone have a website for this restaurant? I've googled the name and the only result I get is this thread.
I thought the same thing. I searched an no website? Not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia