Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:40 AM

6 posts, read 7,096 times

Advertisements

I really do appreciate the reality check, but I've been to the area already for my job interview, have signed a one-year contract, and I'm really excited about it. I'll be doing exactly what I want job-wise, and will have a really amazing career (where I will be nowhere near the bottom of the economic food chain) after my six-month internship is finished. If $1500 for a two-bedroom is completely unreasonable, I either need to settle on a one-bedroom for six months or take out extra student loans so I can afford the two-bedroom.

So I guess my whole point of this thread is to figure out what I need to pay to have a decent one or two-bedroom apartment in Falls Church, or if there are any less expensive places within a reasonable commute. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,173,971 times
$1500 is the high side of average for a 1B apt in relatively close-in areas like Falls Church. If you and your child can make the sacrifice for six months, you'll appreciate the rarity here of a convenient commute.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,092,213 times
FYI - here's a document that the City of Falls Church prepared (the information is as of April 2010) with information on apartments (including whether the buildings accept pets and, if so, the pet fees). It appears to suggest that there are some two-bedrooms in your price range; while those units may be in older buildings, the City of Falls Church is generally considered a nice place to live:

http://www.fallschurchva.gov/Content...Apartments.pdf

Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,096 times
Thank you so much! That is really helpful.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,457,254 times
You may want to search other threads for information on how Falls Church City (very small, with its own school system) differs from the Falls Church area of Fairfax County and the "East Falls Church" area of western Arlington County.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
First of all, congratulations! This is going to be cool! Second of all, an internship in clinical psych in Falls Church suggests at least some sort of affiliation with Inova Fairfax Hospital, and if so, there are plenty of nearby choices where $1500 will get you an at least reasonable and maybe better 2-br apartment. The dog issue may be a bigger one. And of course you may be thoroughly enjoying some fairly crazy hours for a while, so living nearby if you could pull that off would be a very big plus. Others don't sound so optimistic, but I'll bet you can find something that works great for you that's barely if at all beyond the budget you've outlined.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM

28 posts, read 53,150 times
Because of the small town feel, safety, and amazing schools for your daughter- I think you should check into the Winter Hill townhouse community in Falls Church City. I just looked on Craigslist and there is a 2 bedroom in Winter Hill for $1725. Maybe you could talk them down a bit? Best of luck to you!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,420 times
I don't work in Falls Church, but a real estate agent can help you...and you probably won't pay anything for the service because our commissions are paid by the landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia