Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times

Advertisements

Let us return to the topic of recommending places to the OP based on their preferred critieria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 12:12 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallempati61 View Post
I did some research and called the apartment communities and decided to visit few communities tomorrow. I'm more inclined towards fairfield Crossing apartments in Falls Church as they have a fair lease breakage (1 mon Notice + 1 Mon Rent) policy compared to others and they are offering me a newly renovated apartment. Any suggestions about this apartment community?
Thanks, Rama
These are off Lee Highway just east of Fairview Park, but west of National Cemetery. Very convenient to everything. Not quite the upscale sort of units that will be going into the Mosaic District, but a good basic place to stay, and with the easy out, you could quickly relocate if a better deal came along or it wasn't up to par.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,091,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
These are off Lee Highway just east of Fairview Park, but west of National Cemetery. Very convenient to everything. Not quite the upscale sort of units that will be going into the Mosaic District, but a good basic place to stay, and with the easy out, you could quickly relocate if a better deal came along or it wasn't up to par.
I agree. It's not a particularly attractive stretch of Lee Highway, and it's one that has a fairly high concentration (for the area) of lower and moderately-priced apartments, but it's close to Tysons and the Mosaic District (which is gradually adding stuff), and not too far from the Dunn Loring metro, if that makes a difference, though I expect you'd likely end up driving to work.

I have seen on other threads that the areas that feed into nearby Pine Springs ES have a fair number of Indian residents (it's about 25% Asian).

Last edited by JD984; 02-03-2012 at 12:38 PM..

Old 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Jefferson District Golf Course and mini-golf are just up the way, and the lake and fountain in neighboring Fairview Park are quite nice. The south side of Tysons is a quick run up Gallows Road even in rush hour, and the Safeway shopping center is a very short trip in the opposite direction. Downtown Falls Church is five minutes away if you make the lights.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
...and as you noted the middle and high schools that Town students attend are located outside the Town limits (as are several elementary schools that some Town students attend, including Louise Archer, Freedom Hill, Wolftrap and Westbriar).
Just want to make a quick correction. Louise Archer is very much within the limits of the Town of Vienna.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,091,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Just want to make a quick correction. Louise Archer is very much within the limits of the Town of Vienna.
My bad - 324 Nutley St., NW. Thanks!

However, there are students who live in the Town who attend elementary schools outside the town, and all four elementary schools in the town (Archer, Cunningham Park, Marshall Road and Vienna) pull in some students who live outside the town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia