Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:34 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,604 times

Advertisements

As a conservative business owner in the area, the guy scares the heck out of me. Sadly, I vote in a neighboring district. He's nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,684,708 times
From the Loudoun Times last fall:

"For Sterling, we support Eugene Delgaudio (R). His view on social issues is unsettlingly conservative and his antics distracting, but a deeper look demonstrates a public official who works tirelessly for the people of Sterling. We would be lying if we didn’t admit that a moderation of the antics in “The Eugene Show” would be welcome. However, no one works harder for their district than Delgaudio, whose strong constituent service and unabashed push for additional resources have improved life in the Sterling District."

Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
When I lived in Sterling, he'd show up campaiging at my door with this stupid looking brown trucker cap on. Seemed a little off, even in person. I think I always abstained from voting for Supervisor in my region; as the other candidates weren't much better.
Eugene never wears a brown hat! His hat is ALWAYS orange. He's known for wearing orange. Are you sure it was Eugene who you met?

Eugene wins because he provides the best constituent services to everyone in his district. If you have a problem, take it to Eugene and he will help. His voters know that he will always listen to them and is always honest with them. He's not a phony politician, like so many of the others.

I love Eugene. He's the one true, consistent, conservative, on the board of supervisors. You may not always agree with him but everyone always knows where he stands on any issue. He's looking out for the taxpayers, always. He's also funny as heck. He makes any meeting fun.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
From the Loudoun Times last fall:

"For Sterling, we support Eugene Delgaudio (R). His view on social issues is unsettlingly conservative and his antics distracting, but a deeper look demonstrates a public official who works tirelessly for the people of Sterling. We would be lying if we didn’t admit that a moderation of the antics in “The Eugene Show” would be welcome. However, no one works harder for their district than Delgaudio, whose strong constituent service and unabashed push for additional resources have improved life in the Sterling District."
There you go folks! Thanks Yankeesfan!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looktowindward View Post
As a conservative business owner in the area, the guy scares the heck out of me. Sadly, I vote in a neighboring district. He's nuts.
If you really are a business owner, you've been sadly misinformed. Eugene should be your best buddy. There's nothing 'nuts' about Eugene. It's all carefully calculated and his shtick obviously works! People in Sterling like him enough to elect him over and over.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM

"really a business owner" - nice.

Yes, I am. And I employ all kinds of people, including gay and lesbian employees who Delgaudio screams about in a really crazy way.

Loudoun has lots of high tech business and we need to attract top talent. I don't need local politicians who engage in hate speech towards 5% of my employees and customers. My customers have choices about where they purchase their services - if Loudoun County seems intolerant, they may choose to go elsewhere.

My business is in the Broad Run district and I live in the Ashburn district. Luckily, I don't have to reach out to this loony tune to make him my "best buddy".

Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM

BTW, here's a quote from a recent fundraising letter from Delguadio:

---
And now? The Radical Homosexual Lobby has legalized sodomy and bestiality in the military. It made me sick to hear it, but it’s true.
You see, our military has always been governed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. This code requires the men and women serving in the military to maintain proper conduct.
But now, thanks to the radicals in Congress, a key regulation has been removed: Sodomy and Bestiality.
Unbelievably, the radical homosexuals made it a priority to legalize these acts for homosexuals serving in the military.
They actually consider the “right to violate animals sexually” a basic human necessity, even while serving alongside our nation’s greatest heroes.
I am just terrified of what else they have planned for our service men and women.

---

Of course, he's lying. Its so nice to get this stuff in your mailbox. Here's another:

-----

These people admit that they want to molest our children. They admit that they want special rights that no American has. They admit that they want to infiltrate and weaken our military's moral fiber. They admit that they want complete control over the national law enforcement apparatus. They admit that they're deviants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia