Orange: main street
Orange: train station II
Orange: train station in winter
Orange: old photo of Orange high before the renovation
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.3 years|
|Virginia median age:||38.2 years|
Zip codes: 22960.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,093 (it was $16,805 in 2000)
Orange town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $224,676 (it was $97,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $847.
Races in Orange, VA (2010)
- 3,34070.7%White alone
- 1,07822.8%Black alone
- 1082.3%Two or more races
- 120.3%American Indian alone
- 160.3%Asian alone
- 20.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.02%Other race alone
|Gordonsville, Orange, Cuckoo, Montpelier, Louisa & Ashland (5 replies)|
|Why Are People in Charlottesvile so Mean and Rude? (84 replies)|
|Red Line vs Orange line in NVA (9 replies)|
|Tell me about the Orange Line (16 replies)|
|Orange Line to Centreville? (5 replies)|
|Looking for a Peaceful place in VA to live (18 replies)|
Latest news from Orange, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (17.7%), English (13.1%), German (10.1%), Irish (1.5%), French (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1834
Elevation: 521 feet
Land area: 3.24 square miles.
Population density: 1,515 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Orange:
- High school or higher: 78.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.2%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Orange town:
- Never married: 32.5%
- Now married: 40.6%
- Separated: 5.5%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 14.9%
477 residents are foreign born (7.1% Latin America).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 36 registered sex offenders living in Orange, Virginia as of April 22, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Orange to the number of sex offenders is 137 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,558 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,565 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dale City, VA (50.0 miles , pop. 55,971).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Washington, DC (75.2 miles , pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (200.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Gordonsville, VA (3.0 miles ), Blue Ridge Shores, VA (3.3 miles ), Madison, VA (3.5 miles ), Brightwood, VA (3.6 miles ), Ruckersville, VA (3.8 miles ), Louisa, VA (4.1 miles ), Culpeper, VA (4.1 miles ), Piney Mountain, VA (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 38.25 N, Longitude: 78.11 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,061 (+21.4%)
Workers who live and work in this town: 494 (24.9%)
Area code: 540
|Crime rates in Orange by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||183.7||196.3||269.6||277.5||268.1||246.5||175.7||153.8||190.1||153.9||143.7||174.1||255.6||132.4||183.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Orange detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.80|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +481 (+13.2%).
- Construction (25%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (35%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (24%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Healthcare support occupations (17%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
Average climate in Orange, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Orange-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 18% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 23.5 miles away from the Orange town center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 10/18/1990, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.5 miles away from the town center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Orange-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 47.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 255.1 miles away from Orange center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 34.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 181.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 36.2 miles away from Orange center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 316.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orange County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 4, Storms: 4, Floods: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Earthquake: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Thornton A. Jenkins - Navy admiral, James Taliaferro - Confederate Army soldier and politician, Patrick Kilpatrick - Actor.
Hospitals and medical centers in Orange:
- DOGWOOD VILLAGE OF ORANGE COUNTY HEALTH AND REHAB (120 DOGWOOD LANE)
- UVA ORANGE DIALYSIS (661 UNIVERSITY LANE STE E)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Orange:
- DAVITA - CULPEPER (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
- FAMILYCARE HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
- CULPEPER REGIONAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
- CULPEPER HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
- CULPEPER HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
- HOSPICE OF THE RAPIDAN INC (Hospital, about 16 miles away; CULPEPER, VA)
Airports and heliports located in Orange:
- Orange County Airport (OMH) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 46, Itinerant Ops: 5,299, Local Ops: 3,373, Military Ops: 120)
- Hen & Bacon Airport (90VA) (Runways: 1)
- Seven Gables Airport (2VG7) (Runways: 1)
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Heliport (6VA1)
Operable nuclear power plants near Orange:
- 20 miles: North Anna 1 and 2 in Mineral, VA.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Orange:
- Germanna Community College (about 21 miles; Locust Grove, VA; Full-time enrollment: 4,455)
- University of Virginia-Main Campus (about 26 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 22,274)
- Piedmont Virginia Community College (about 27 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 3,029)
- University of Mary Washington (about 35 miles; Fredericksburg, VA; FT enrollment: 4,506)
- James Madison University (about 44 miles; Harrisonburg, VA; FT enrollment: 19,727)
- Blue Ridge Community College (about 46 miles; Weyers Cave, VA; FT enrollment: 2,891)
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College (about 55 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 8,271)
Public high school in Orange:
- ORANGE CO. HIGH (Students: 1,545, Location: 201 SELMA ROAD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Orange:
Private elementary/middle school in Orange:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- It's Grymes Memorial School.
Notable locations in Orange: Orange County Department of Fire / Emergency Medical Services (A), Orange County Rescue Squad (B), Orange Police Department (C), Orange County Courthouse (D), Orange Volunteer Fire Department Company Number 23 (E), Orange County Rescue Squad Station Number 23 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Orange Village Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Orange include: Saint Thomas Episcopal Church (A), Faith Tabernacle Pentecostal Holiness Church (B), Orange Church of the Nazarene (C), Orange Seventh Day Adventist Church (D), Saint Johns Catholic Church (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: James Madison Museum & Foundation (129 Caroline St), Orange County Office - Health Deparment- Public Libraries- Gordonsville Branch- Land (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 11530 Porter Road), Dept Of Tourism And Vistors Bureau (Tourism Consultants; 122 East Main Street), R & J Amusement Inc (Amusement & Theme Parks; 249 Blue Ridge Drive), Holliday Arcade (Amusement & Theme Parks; 15247 Tomahawk Creek Rd), Orange Movie Rental (Arcades & Amusements; 551 North Madison Rd).
Hotels: Greenock House Inn (249 Caroline St), Inn on Poplar Hill (278 Caroline Street).
Courts: Orange County Office - General District Court (103 East Main Street), Orange County Office - Judge-Circuit Court (112 West Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 50.1. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.4. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 24.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 13.8. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.54. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 24.4 miles away from the city center.
(27.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 39.2% for Black residents, 8.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 32.3% for other race residents, 24.5% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Orange in 2010:
- 379 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 179 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 26 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 13 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Orange in 2000:
- 236 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 165 people in nursing homes
- 44 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 8 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Orange (2011 data):
- Virginia National Bank: Orange County at 523 North Madison Road, branch established on 2006/06/05; Orange Branch at 102 E. Main Street, branch established on 2000/11/08. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $464.1 mil, Deposits: $411.9 mil, headquarters in Charlottesville, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices
- StellarOne Bank: Orange Branch at 134 W Main St, branch established on 1999/04/05. Info updated 2008/06/06: Bank assets: $2,911.7 mil, Deposits: $2,404.3 mil, headquarters in Christiansburg, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 58 total offices, Holding Company: Stellarone Corporation
- Bank of America, National Association: Orange Branch at 113 West Main Street, branch established on 1960/03/17. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Orange Shopping Center at 595 North Madison Road, branch established on 1965/02/01. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Orange Branch at 235 Madison Road, branch established on 1972/01/07. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Virginia Community Bank: Orange Branch at 185 Madison Road, branch established on 1991/08/28. Info updated 2011/04/12: Bank assets: $229.1 mil, Deposits: $193.2 mil, headquarters in Louisa, VA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Virginia Community Bankshares, Inc.
- SunTrust Bank: Orange Branch at 115 North Madison Road, branch established on 1935/05/17. Info updated 2010/05/27: Bank assets: $171,291.7 mil, Deposits: $129,833.2 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1716 total offices, Holding Company: Suntrust Banks, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Orange town (based on Orange County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orange County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||4.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Orange, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$13,260||$79,560||5||$1,600|
|Police Protection - Officers||15||$52,404||$41,923||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$5,258||$31,548||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||12||$39,438||$39,438||3||$4,468|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$4,120||$24,720||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||1||$5,634||$67,608||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||52||$181,344||$41,849||12||$11,668|
Orange government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $565,000 ($115.26)
General: $37,000 ($7.55)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $801,000 ($163.40)
Water Utilities: $723,000 ($147.49)
Police Protection: $629,000 ($128.31)
Financial Administration: $563,000 ($114.85)
Sewerage: $491,000 ($100.16)
Parks & Recreation: $164,000 ($33.46)
General - Other: $110,000 ($22.44)
Solid Waste Management: $91,000 ($18.56)
Transit Utilities: $63,000 ($12.85)
Fire Protection: $48,000 ($9.79)
Health Services - Other: $35,000 ($7.14)
- General - Interest on Debt: $223,000 ($45.49)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $265,000 ($54.06)
Regular Highways: $22,000 ($4.49)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,397,000 ($284.99)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $93,000 ($18.97)
Orange government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $851,000 ($173.60)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $27,000 ($5.51)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $196,000 ($39.98)
Interest Earnings: $50,000 ($10.20)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,029,000 ($209.91)
Transit Utilities: $5,000 ($1.02)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $553,000 ($112.81)
All Other: $329,000 ($67.12)
General Support: $25,000 ($5.10)
- Tax - Property: $601,000 ($122.60)
Other Selective Sales: $410,000 ($83.64)
Public Utilities: $329,000 ($67.12)
Total General Sales: $121,000 ($24.68)
Motor Vehicle License: $73,000 ($14.89)
NEC: $28,000 ($5.71)
Orange government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,556,000 ($317.42)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $3,722,000 ($759.28)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $3,575,000 ($729.29)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,512,000 ($308.45)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $147,000 ($29.99)
Water Utilities: $44,000 ($8.98)
Orange government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,202,000 ($449.20)
8.36% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($48,059 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Spotsylvania County, VA||1.41% ($59,536 average AGI)|
|from Culpeper County, VA||0.75% ($33,082)|
|from Fairfax County, VA||0.42% ($97,611)|
7.66% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($43,553 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Orange:
- WVCV (1340 AM; 1 kW; ORANGE, VA; Owner: PIEDMONT COMMUNICATIONS, INCORPORATE)
- WKTR (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; EARLYSVILLE, VA; Owner: WKTR, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCHV (1260 AM; 5 kW; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WINA (1070 AM; 5 kW; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: EURE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSVA (550 AM; 10 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Orange:
- WJMA-FM (98.9 FM; ORANGE, VA; Owner: PIEDMONT COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WCUL (103.1 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: JOYNER LICENSE, INC.)
- WMXH-FM (105.7 FM; LURAY, VA; Owner: EASY RADIO, INC.)
- WHTE-FM (101.9 FM; RUCKERSVILLE, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWWV (97.5 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: EURE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WUMX (107.5 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: AIR VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WVTU (89.3 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION INC)
- WACL (98.5 FM; ELKTON, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVTW (88.5 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION, INC)
- WNRN (91.9 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: STU-COMM, INC.)
- WTJU (91.1 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA)
- WCYK-FM (99.7 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W240AF (95.9 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WMRY (103.5 FM; CROZET, VA; Owner: JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF VISITORS)
- WUVA (92.7 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: WUVA, INC.)
- WQPO (100.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WTON-FM (94.3 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: HIGH IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WLSA (105.5 FM; LOUISA, VA; Owner: MID-VIRGINIA BROADCASTING CORP.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Orange fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 8m26ftTotal length
- $293,000Total costs
- 26,261Total average daily traffic
- 1,233Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Orange, VA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 42 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Orange)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 9 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Orange)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Orange and their reported violations in the past:WILLOW GROVE INN AND RESTAURANT (Population served: 106, Groundwater):
Past health violations:MONTPELIER- OLD VISITORS CENTER (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-28-2011), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-28-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-29-2011)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In DEC-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-20-2011), St Formal NOV issued (JAN-20-2011), St Public Notif received (JAN-31-2011), St Compliance achieved (JAN-31-2011)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 45
- Hazardous Condition: 62
- Good Intent Call: 15
Incident types - Orange
|Most common first names in Orange, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Orange, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (72%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Utility gas (6%)
- Coal or coke (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Orange, VA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Burger King||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Orange compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Orange on our top lists:
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) (population 1,000+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Ghana (population 500+)"
- #45 (22960) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of English first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 8 patent applications in 2008-2018.