Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,440 times

Advertisements

Hello

I am relocating to the area and was wondering what kind of commute time to expect while commuting from Ashburn Village Blvd at route 7 to Tyson's Blvd. I have to be to work at 8am and was wondering what to expect for times for my am/pm commute. I know traffic sucks but i was wondering if I can get down route 7 in under and hour if I leave at 7am. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
I used to live off Ashburn Village Boulevard, about two miles up, near the rec center, and I had a brief temp job at one point in Tysons, located on Westpark Drive, right off of Tysons Boulevard. I'm not sure of the exact traffic situation in the 7-8am hour but it's likely pretty brutal. I had to be at work my first two days at 9am and will say that on the first day, it took me 70 minutes and then it took me 90 minutes on the second day (this is all on Route 7). After that day, I asked my supervisor if I could change my hours and come in later because I simply could not stomach that commute every day. I started coming into the office at 11am and the commute still wound up taking 45-50 minutes on Route 7, so I'd venture to say that a commute in under an hour at 7am isn't too likely. During my 9am commute, the only stretch of Route 7 that moved smoothly was the roughly five mile stretch between Route 28 and the Fairfax County Parkway. Before and after that stretch, traffic craaaaawled. Afternoon commutes were easier. Taking Route 7, leaving at around 4:30, it would take me 40-45 minutes to get home. With my amended hours and leaving at 7pm, and taking the Toll Road, I could do it in just over 30 minutes. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
leave at 6:30am yes, you will get in early most days but 7am -8am is the absolute worst time to be on rt7. DnB is right from 28 to FX pky is usually pretty clear but it really slows once you pass that.

The toll road is expensive but also a viable option.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,440 times
Thanks. I will leave at 6:30am to be sure that I am on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia