Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 995 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Hi![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]So I just moved to the area, near the dunn loring metro, after graduation (so early 20’s). I’m trying to make some girl friends in the area. Hanging out with my boyfriend and his friends is cool and all but I need girly time. I like working out, not spending money, eating/cooking/baking, learning languages, watching movies, face masks, if you like to do any of these things hit me up. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I’m not sure where to meet girls my age that have similar interests as me. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Let me know if you’re interested in any of the activities or if you have any advice! (leave out meetup.com / reddit / trying to talk to people when I’m out doing things I like/ and work – tried all of that)[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 06:48 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passing by View Post
[SIZE=3]Hi![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]So I just moved to the area, near the dunn loring metro, after graduation (so early 20’s). I’m trying to make some girl friends in the area. Hanging out with my boyfriend and his friends is cool and all but I need girly time. I like working out, not spending money, eating/cooking/baking, learning languages, watching movies, face masks, if you like to do any of these things hit me up. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I’m not sure where to meet girls my age that have similar interests as me. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Let me know if you’re interested in any of the activities or if you have any advice! (leave out meetup.com / reddit / trying to talk to people when I’m out doing things I like/ and work – tried all of that)[/SIZE]
"trying to talk to people when I am out doing things I like" - this hasn't worked for you? Looking at your 'likes", I certainly would not recommend talking to people while watching a movie or eating dinner; but have you signed up for a cooking or a language class? Just like in high school or college, friends can be found in classes.....

And what in the world are "face masks"?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,190 times
Jammin Java

Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 AM

17 posts, read 17,382 times
@spencgr:

"Face masks" are facial treatments that cover your face with a mask of beneficial ingredients aimed at your particular "problem areas". Most are botanical/herbal based, but some are chemically enhanced. They're aimed at acne, dry skin, oily skin, wrinkles, lightening, etc etc.

It's a girl thing!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerina View Post
@spencgr:

"Face masks" are facial treatments that cover your face with a mask of beneficial ingredients aimed at your particular "problem areas". Most are botanical/herbal based, but some are chemically enhanced. They're aimed at acne, dry skin, oily skin, wrinkles, lightening, etc etc.

It's a girl thing!
Thanks - as a girl, I always just referred to this as a "facial". Personally, I feel this is more of an "alone" activity, and not somewhere where you should expect to make friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia