Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,106 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are planning to move from central Florida to NOVA in June. I am new to NOVA. Can someone please help to decide which place is good to rent for good elementary and middle schools in Fairfax county? Our budget for rent $2000 Max. Initially we are planning to rent and eventually if everything works out we may buy a TH/SFH with budget (350K - 550k).

We want to live in Fairfax county. My job will be in DC. My son is in 5th grade now in Florida and will be joining 6th grade in VA. So school is the first priority and then commute. My wife also works in Florida. She might take 3 to 4 months time off and then may find a job.

Any suggestions are welcome .

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM

526 posts, read 901,052 times
I would suggest looking in West Springfield (22152). The Cardinal Forest area has lots of beautiful townhomes and I believe you could rent something in your price range. You should also be able to purchase something in your price range in that same area when you decide to buy. The schools are excellent and it's a really nice, family-friendly area neighborhood. It's 10 minutes from the metro and just outside the beltway.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM

10 posts, read 14,061 times
I was a Fairfax county school bus driver for seven years. My daughter, who is now in 6th grade, attended school there. I'd have to say that all of the public schools in Fairfax County are top-notch compared to the rest of the US. You really can't go wrong. I lived in the Reston area which is beautiful! Millions of trails, trees, etc. I lived in NOVA my entire life but now live in CO. There are so many great places! If I were to move back to NOVA, I'd probably live in Loudoun County though.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Oh, and by the way, no matter where you live in NOVA, your commute will be a nightmare. The best way into DC is the subway. Reston is also getting a subway stop in the near future but for now there are commuter buses to East/West Falls Church metro stations. I lived there for 43 years and had to get away from the high cost of living there. It just wasn't worth it. I've lived all over the county..Falls Church, McLean, Fairfax, Alexandria, etc. By far, Reston was the best to me.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 AM

I also moved out of NOVA to Colorado but do not like it here, and I am considering moving to Central Florida. That is how I came across your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia