Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 PM

6 posts, read 49,667 times

Advertisements

Virginia Courts Case Information (Circuit) has all counties listed other than fairfax.

Any idea if fairfax county has such lookup access?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 PM

939 posts, read 1,892,134 times
Here's my favorite forum to look up my coworkers: Fairfax Underground Arrest/Ticket Search

All this site does is use a script to import weekly arrest records that are published, but it has been around for 4-8 years, so it's compiled quite the history. I also recommend this site for anyone who is sick of the CD mods, but please be aware, this site is also full of trolls and generally horrible people.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,194,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdenaliii View Post
Any idea if fairfax county has such lookup access?
For some reason, Fairfax does not have a public interface to online criminal cases - you have to actually go to the courthouse, etc to get them (or perhaps there's a fee-based online system - I forget).

This link: district court

takes you to a small subset of what's really "in there".

Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
I'm sure eventually they'll have a "pre-crimes" database that will predict and publicize those likely to commit criminal activity. All residents will have a "safe score" like a credit score. Pro-active policing will be the next big thing in criminal justice and social control.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 67,410 times
I know this is an old post. But there is NEW website called http://www.fairfaxcountyarrests.com (Fairfax County VA Arrest and Ticket Search) where you can search arrests and tickets for free.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
You can access any court records (unless they are sealed) via PACER. You do need to register and pay for the documents you retrieve.

Public Access to Court Electronic Records

Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM

9 posts, read 51,028 times
Most criminal cases are filed online in the General District Court. Let me know if you can't find the link. Fairfax is one of the few counties that don't have Circuit Court indexes online but you can get them at the Fairfax County Courthouse.

If it is a federal case you can search the Virginia District Courts - PACER allows access to searching all US district courts together for a subscription, but you can search individual courts for free.

So in sum, criminal cases can be filed in 3 courts in Fairfax - the General District, the Circuit, and the Federal District. The first and third are online searchable, the second isn't and you need to go to the actual courthouse.

Let me know if you can't find any of the links for the General and Federal District Court searches. Type into Google and you should see them.

Finally, if you're hoping for a comprehensive state-wide criminal record that has all three of these courts, you're out of luck here because of Virginia privacy laws. These records are held by the Virginia State Police but are not accessible to third parties except lawyers, etc. So we have to search the General District and Federal District by name- and there will be false positives if it is a common name.

Good luck!

Last edited by vabible; 01-12-2014 at 11:08 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Courts.state.va.us is a site you can use to look up any court dates that have taken place in Virginia.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 PM

7 posts, read 40,206 times
http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/g...anding=landing

edit: oops, didn't see original post date

Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 67,410 times
http://www.fairfaxcountyarrests.com

sorry to repost. just could not figure out how to make it a hyperlink before and could not rest until i could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: