Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:50 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,243 times

Advertisements

I have a 2007 HEMI Dodge truck with close to 400 horsepower, not a commuter vehicle. We also have a 2010 KIA Sportage that the wife drives which means I would have to giver her my truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,664 times
This drive will be long, but hopefully you can work really early hours to beat some of the traffic. If you aren't used to this type of commute (stop and go traffic for 1 1/2 hrs +) you will be miserable. If you go do this for a short time and maybe transfer to Charlottesville.....

Old 07-14-2014, 03:07 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
I have a 2007 HEMI Dodge truck with close to 400 horsepower, not a commuter vehicle. We also have a 2010 KIA Sportage that the wife drives which means I would have to giver her my truck.
Um, I can be close to you if you want me to drive your truck.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:12 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,725,241 times
No sweat, man--I had an idea of what you really mean (arrogant, entitled d-bags). As to politics, I don't like anyone who shoves theirs in my face (even if it's someone I agree with on most things).

NY is a beautiful state. Love driving up the Taconic State Parkway. I would love to retire to the Adirondacks or the Hudson River Valley. Maybe New Palz. I even liked Buffalo, though it was summer or fall when we visited there.

Can you find someone to carpool with you to the training? That way you cut your costs in half.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,243 times
Audi forecasted low and apparently their service departments can no longer keep up with the demand of after sales car service and repair.

So Audi America came up with a program called the Audi Veterans to Technicians Program. They began looking for prior service military who were honorably discharged with a technical MOS. Helicopter mechanics, power generation, wheeled vehicle, utility equipment repair, which was my MOS, 52 Charlie, which in civilian terms was refrigeration systems.

The drawback is it's entry level, I'm a certified technician already with a skill level beyond entry level, Asian and Domestic, not much European.

Looking at the big picture of things, 3-5 years down the road the program would have payed off if you have the desire to stay with Audi.

Having been the corporate automotive route previously I can tell you that's it's not the cars that make the place suck, it's more of a mentality of management that's bottom line driven and wants to push quantity over quality.

Cars are very complex and rushing and trying to cut corners is not always the way to go, especially with the very complex Europeans.

It's not a money thing, for rural Virginia I do pretty well. This opportunity was a chance to use my military background and automotive industry experience to get into a German car line with a structured career step program.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:31 PM

504 posts, read 1,212,885 times
Funny you mention... last time I tried to make a service appt with them the earliest available time was almost 3 weeks out. I was surprised how busy they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia