Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 AM

5 posts, read 5,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I have followed this and I don't believe I've responded as of yet. I'm a long time NOVA resident and have over 35 years in LE in NOVA. (30 sworn and 5 non sworn) I work right down the street from the Silver Line in Tyson's yet I don't use it and likely never will. I still work closely with local LE to include Fairfax. You have come on here from the first page throwing BS around and trying to claim knowledge you apparently do not have. Fear mongering is what someone accused you of early on and they were spot on. The more I read on this topic the more I realize that racism has reared its ugly head thanks to you and a few others. You really have made no points that lead any credence to what you are claiming and tend to just dig the hole deeper for yourself. Tyson's will not become a hotbed of crime, loiters or any such thing. Will there be crime? Of course there will be. Unavoidable no matter where you are. But why you chose to start this topic is just beyond me.
I've also been following this thread for quite some time since I'm new to the Northern VA area & also ride the Silver line. I understand the point the OP made far as a chance of crime increase. When I lived in Atlanta a while back, there was the same concern when MARTA opened new stations near certain areas. Some of the increases did occur, such as loitering and panhandling, which was never around until certain stations opened.

Everyone has freedom of speech & thoughts but there seems to be a trend in certain posts as I read them, including ones from "tysonsengineer" and yourself. If you don't agree with points in the thread, you're free to comment but why do so with such anger, hostility, & foul language (ex: "BS") as you stated?

Old 08-14-2014, 10:52 AM

795 posts, read 1,009,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadmv View Post
I've also been following this thread for quite some time since I'm new to the Northern VA area & also ride the Silver line. I understand the point the OP made far as a chance of crime increase. When I lived in Atlanta a while back, there was the same concern when MARTA opened new stations near certain areas. Some of the increases did occur, such as loitering and panhandling, which was never around until certain stations opened.

Everyone has freedom of speech & thoughts but there seems to be a trend in certain posts as I read them, including ones from "tysonsengineer" and yourself. If you don't agree with points in the thread, you're free to comment but why do so with such anger, hostility, & foul language (ex: "BS") as you stated?
Well said

Old 08-14-2014, 11:53 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:

I guess you missed the point where I addressed this being a racist issue. No doubt in my mind that the OP meant the "Blacks" would be committing crimes in and near the Silver Line. And if you believe BS is foul language you must have lived a sheltered life.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:56 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnova View Post
Well said
You registered just to post this?

Old 08-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,318,548 times
Quote:
Troll posts bring out troll readers. Likely was searching silver line crime and came upon, self fulfilling loop. BTW, still living here in Tysons, still not seeing a spike of crime because even outside of the xenophobic BS (oh my, the language!) theres the false logic. No one travels 45 minutes to commit a crime to then rely on a 45 minute, non-controlled method way of getting back home. Its stupid to think this, beyond the undertones of the fear itself. If you want to be worried, be worried of the countless crimes committed by car driving criminals... lets see if you tear up the road in your neighborhood to keep "those folks" out also. *eye roll*

Oh wait

Old 08-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Troll posts bring out troll readers. Likely was searching silver line crime and came upon, self fulfilling loop. BTW, still living here in Tysons, still not seeing a spike of crime because even outside of the xenophobic BS (oh my, the language!) theres the false logic. No one travels 45 minutes to commit a crime to then rely on a 45 minute, non-controlled method way of getting back home. Its stupid to think this, beyond the undertones of the fear itself. If you want to be worried, be worried of the countless crimes committed by car driving criminals... lets see if you tear up the road in your neighborhood to keep "those folks" out also. *eye roll*

Oh wait

Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,318,548 times
Quote:

Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,830 times
Quote:
Quote:
These have been some well thought out, constructive replies/rebuttals.
Can't wait to see what the 4th post brings.

Interesting that OP disappears the same time a new user shows up with very little to say. Could just be coincidence but who knows, might be some random googler who joined C-D just for this.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:

I just agree with this person that there is a " trend " here. You may not think so. So be it.

Some here are also very clever at throwing out bait and hook to newcomers and others. Almost experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia