Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 08:14 PM

406 posts, read 617,355 times

Advertisements

Just saw today that there will be a small new NV Homes development on Route 7 in Falls Church (would be in county not city) just west of the intersection with Haycock Rd. This would be walking distance to West Falls Church. Hard to believe there is enough land there. This is where there has been farm stand / nursery / lawn ornaments / pumpkins etc sold depending on the time of year.

I believe the sign said town homes as well as single family, but I don't recall the name of the project and it is not showing up on the NV Homes website yet.

Thought I would pass along, will try to follow up with more details for those interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 06:32 AM

103 posts, read 182,767 times
Thanks for sharing! Ya there is no information posted on their website.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:50 AM

540 posts, read 787,496 times
Yeah, they tore down Sam's Farm a couple of weeks ago in preparation for this project. The sign says townhomes from $1.1M and single family from $1.3M. So, housing for the common man

Old 01-02-2015, 07:06 AM

Some light reading from the FFX Co government.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/com...s/s12-i-j1.pdf

Old 01-02-2015, 07:21 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,303,718 times
Laws of supply and demand. There are too few homes within walking distance of metro, and too many people who want that. It's not the developers fault they realize it and are providing the supply, albeit to only the lucky few who can afford it. I for one also can't wait for the McDonald's without a drive through to be replaced with something better.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Zone View Post
Yeah, they tore down Sam's Farm a couple of weeks ago in preparation for this project. The sign says townhomes from $1.1M and single family from $1.3M. So, housing for the common man
Hey, walking distance to Long John Silver's doesn't come cheap.

Can someone remind me what they are calling the project?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,056,613 times
Convenient location, but the overcrowding at Shrevewood ES and Kilmer MS is a negative if you are looking at the schools. FCPS does have some ways to mitigate it, such as moving some of the AAP kids at Kilmer back to Cooper MS and converting some buildings (Dunn Loring, Pimmit Hills) back into elementary schools, but I'd say the potential for kids to be in trailers for several years is pretty high (among other things, FCPS wants to renovate Cooper before it moves any kids from Kilmer back there). Kilmer is also the designated middle school for the bulk of other new projects planned in Tysons.

Here's another document from 2013 that I believe relates to this project: http://www.fcps.edu/fts/impacts/011-pr-025-2.pdf. It refers to seven new single-family houses and 46 new townhouses.

Last edited by JD984; 01-02-2015 at 08:32 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Laws of supply and demand. There are too few homes within walking distance of metro, and too many people who want that. It's not the developers fault they realize it and are providing the supply, albeit to only the lucky few who can afford it. I for one also can't wait for the McDonald's without a drive through to be replaced with something better.
Not having a drive through has been a positive for me. There have been times where weakness may have led to a day's worth of calories, but the lack of a drive-thru makes me think twice.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgood View Post
Hey, walking distance to Long John Silver's doesn't come cheap.

Can someone remind me what they are calling the project?
I haven't seen a name attached to it yet.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Zone View Post
I haven't seen a name attached to it yet.
Ok thanks - thought it would have been on the big maroon NV Homes sign boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia