Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 13,860 times

Advertisements

I have recently been transferred to work in Reston. My wife and I are gravitating toward Leesburg. Are there any safe neighborhoods in or near downtown Leesburg, where there are still affordable historical homes to purchase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
Hey, Can anyone help with historical homes in Leesburg? I saw this was posted two days ago. I know a few people in Aldie and knew someone who bought a historic property in Leesburg many years ago, but just have no really specific information.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:47 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,739,696 times
I think the historic parts of Leesburg are overall very safe. There are a few areas in Leesburg to avoid but the historic downtown isn't one of them. Just remember when you purchase a historical home, there are usually very strict guidelines of what you can and cannot do to your house. But that area is very beautiful, I'm sure you'll love it!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM

449 posts, read 1,394,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroExpat View Post
I think the historic parts of Leesburg are overall very safe. There are a few areas in Leesburg to avoid but the historic downtown isn't one of them. Just remember when you purchase a historical home, there are usually very strict guidelines of what you can and cannot do to your house. But that area is very beautiful, I'm sure you'll love it!
And to add to that, many, if not all the historic homes and buildings have been spoken for. I moved here form K.C. not long ago. That area has a lot of historic places that have been "discovered" by residents a long time ago. One of these towns, Weston, MO, has had virtually all of its historic buildings bought by homeowners and investors. Even with the current real estate crunch, these places are very pricey.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,963,506 times
There are some lovely homes on King Street, both north and south of Market, and many areas off Market which are also very desirable. If you give me your price range I will be happy to email listings to you. I love the historic district of Leesburg, especially the downtown area, and would live there in a minute if I could get my husband to agree. It is very safe, there may be some theft from unlocked cars but it is not the area where fights occur.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
^ very good info
west Edwards ferry road as well. (TOWARD KING STREET)
Check out Purceville and weatherford as well

Old 01-26-2008, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 13,860 times
ddblanarik@gmail.com

Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,963,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
^ very good info
west Edwards ferry road as well. (TOWARD KING STREET)
Check out Purceville and weatherford as well
Do you mean Waterford? The homes there tend to be very expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia