Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 AM

4 posts, read 21,036 times

Advertisements

I know you have just dropped your phone and cracked your screen or have a serious problem with your phone and I also know that you are pissed off, but guess what? Don't worry this place got you covered.
Just call them they will give you the best price and professional job done, and also they have money back guarantee if you don't like the job
Here is the # 202-658-4697

Address is 508 K ST NW WASHINGTON, DC 20001

202-506-8339
202-568-4697
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 AM

12 posts, read 63,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Probably just cheaper to get a new phone!
Probably not. If you take a broken iPhone 3G 8GB to an Apple Store, they will give you a refurbished one for $199, no questions asked. More for 16GB or 3GS. I have heard that a cracked screen repair is the same price. A cracked screen repair at a local shop like Inovagent Cell Phone Repair (http://www.inovagent.com/iphone_repair_service - broken link) is going to be less than half that. In addition, you don't have to back up your phone and the sync to a new phone that Apple gives you, or worry about them judging you if you have it unlocked or jailbroken. So a local repair shop is almost always going to be your best bet.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,890 times
If you cracked Your iPod Touch 2G Screen and want to fix it yourself for about $30.00:

Web Site
iPod Touch 2G Digitizer (Glass Screen) Replacement - How to Replace Your Cracked iPod Touch Glass Digitizer. ;<B>Original Video - Part 1 </b>**Removing the Broken Digitizer from the iPod****I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU BUY BOTH A NEW DIGITIZER AND A NEW

YouTube:
YouTube - CyberODC's Channel

There are six short clips in this series, covering essentially everything you will encounter if you do this repair yourself.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 AM

Replacing the cracked glass on an iPod Touch 2G or 3G is actually a VERY tricky repair. If you have cracked glass on your iPod, Inovagent Cell Phone Repair actually repairs iTouch models (http://inovagent.com/ipod_touch - broken link). You can mail it in if you're not in the Washington DC/Baltimore area. If you DO live in the Washington DC and Baltimore area, you can drop it off in person at Inovagent Cell Phone Repair in Kensington, right off the Beltway at Connecticut Ave, and get same day service for your broken iPod screen.

The iPod Touch is very similar in appearance and construction to the iPhone with one big difference--there are no screws holding the top panel in, there are only clips, about eleven of them. An inexperienced person prying on the iPod trying to get out the top panel will almost certainly result in a broken LCD or even dead iPod. I should know--I've cracked TWO LCDs myself!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 PM

I've done the repair twice and you would need to be pretty heavy-handed to break the LCD. The task is unclipping the digitizer. An Exacto blade, used gently, will do the trick. It's all easy after that.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
I've done the repair twice and you would need to be pretty heavy-handed to break the LCD. The task is unclipping the digitizer. An Exacto blade, used gently, will do the trick. It's all easy after that.
Hmm exacto blade, that's a good one. I've noticed that a spudger, inserted diagonally rather than vertically, gives more leverage while not digging so deep and risking cracking things. In any case, Inovagent Cell Phone Repair in Kensington, MD the place to go for iPod Touch Repair (http://www.inovagent.com/ipod_touch - broken link), iPhone Repair (http://www.inovagent.com/iphone_repair_service - broken link), and all cell phone repair (http://www.inovagent.com/pda_and_smartphone_solutions - broken link) if you're near Washington DC/Alexandria.

Last edited by OfficeLinebacker; 05-06-2010 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Added links and more info

Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 AM

I discovered very quickly the plastic spudgers are worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacker View Post
Hmm exacto blade, that's a good one. I've noticed that a spudger, inserted diagonally rather than vertically, gives more leverage while not digging so deep and risking cracking things. In any case, Inovagent Cell Phone Repair in Kensington, MD the place to go for iPod Touch Repair (http://www.inovagent.com/ipod_touch - broken link), iPhone Repair (http://www.inovagent.com/iphone_repair_service - broken link), and all cell phone repair (http://www.inovagent.com/pda_and_smartphone_solutions - broken link) if you're near Washington DC/Alexandria.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 6,839 times
Call this guy his name is Hamed 240-595-7669 his very good he fixed my iphone in 10mins when i drop it in a pool the address is 10120 colesville re silver spring md 20901

Old 05-21-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
I discovered very quickly the plastic spudgers are worthless.
Oh yeah those "cell phone opening tools" or "pry tools" that the ebay sellers give away with every purchase. Helpful for prying the LCD out of the mid-frame on an iPhone and for disconnecting the ribbon cables but definitely nothing heavy duty. I meant a metal spudger. It looks like a something you might see in a dentist's tray:

Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 AM

are they local to the DC area like Inovagent Cell Phone Repair in Kensington, MD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia