Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:33 AM

654 posts, read 424,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACWhite View Post
Widening lead in VA:

http://cnu.edu/cpp/pdf/oct%2016%202016%20report-final

It is a shame that those suffering economically don't understand that Trump has provided no plan that has any realistic chance of changing their situations for the better.
But he's going to build a wall and get dem jobs back from Mexico! They took our jerbs! Trump is going to make Emporia great again, I just know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 10:22 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22003yo View Post
But he's going to build a wall and get dem jobs back from Mexico! They took our jerbs! Trump is going to make Emporia great again, I just know it.
Trump is a moron but do you really believe Hillary will be better? She is nothing but a lying sack of you know what. There are so many I wouldn't even know where to start. No matter what we are in big trouble and I believe it will be worse with Hillary and bozo Bill back in office.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:48 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,091,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Trump is a moron but do you really believe Hillary will be better? She is nothing but a lying sack of you know what. There are so many I wouldn't even know where to start. No matter what we are in big trouble and I believe it will be worse with Hillary and bozo Bill back in office.
Even though I'm not a huge Hillary fan or the idea of particular families (Bush, Clinton) repeatedly laying claim to the White House, I personally feel we'll be far better off with Clinton than with Trump, who would only surround himself with sycophants or others whom he would then ignore.

I'll have now voted in 10 presidential elections and he is, hands down, the worst major party nominee in my lifetime. I'm glad to live in a region - NoVa - that will help elect the nation's first female president and repudiate this vile NYC snake-oil salesman promising the moon to people whom he has next to nothing in common with.

Last edited by JD984; 10-16-2016 at 10:59 AM..

Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 AM

540 posts, read 790,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
And to the comment I received on the reputation board -- my Smith & Wesson stock has gone way up, too.

The last cc (refresher for me) class I took (women only) had about 15 total newbies. The most common comment was fear of going to the mall, especially at night. I told a young woman at a store once that I carry and she said "you look so normal". Lol. You never know who is carrying these days. I look far more like I belong at a garden club meeting.
That is a success story for the Republicans. They have done a great job at scaring people into thinking the world is worse off than it is. Crime is actually very low and terrorism is irrelevant, but that doesn't get the R party votes.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:05 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I understand your feelings, but the world didn't end after 8 years of the Clintons before and it won't this time. Back in the 90s, when Bill Clinton won I thought my life was over. After 8 years, despite the nonsense of Monica L. and Ken Starr, etc. I think things were in pretty good shape.

As some pundit said a few months ago, the Clinton scandals are never really that big or exciting, but the their denials and obfuscations make them seem much worse than they need to be.

I know everyone wants an "outsider" to shake things up, but shaking up is the last thing we need. Hillary Clinton is a practiced public servant and she knows how to work a system that is firmly in place and not going to be changed anytime soon. While I will hold my nose in this election, she doesn't scare me like Trump does. He really does kind of scare me.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:05 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
To the pm I rec'd. Thank you. I appreciate your comments too. I would suggest you consider what Peter Thiel has said about Trump. If you think they'll protect you, you're wrong

And the above poster who thinks terrorism isn't a problem, keep watching the Today Show. I'm sure they'll confirm that everything in this country is just going swimmingly.

Lastly, Hillary isn't Bill. Bill had a republican controlled congress with Newt Gingrich. Big difference between the all out power she will wield if everything, inc Supreme Court goes hard Leftist.

I, too, will hold my nose and vote but against Hillary. We,ve had plenty of uncouth Presidents. We can survive a Trump but not a corrupt liar like Hillary.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
To the pm I rec'd. Thank you. I appreciate your comments too. I would suggest you consider what Peter Thiel has said about Trump. If you think they'll protect you, you're wrong

And the above poster who thinks terrorism isn't a problem, keep watching the Today Show. I'm sure they'll confirm that everything in this country is just going swimmingly.

Lastly, Hillary isn't Bill. Bill had a republican controlled congress with Newt Gingrich. Big difference between the all out power she will wield if everything, inc Supreme Court goes hard Leftist.

I, too, will hold my nose and vote but against Hillary. We,ve had plenty of uncouth Presidents. We can survive a Trump but not a corrupt liar like Hillary.
The worst part of your last statement is that I also believe that Trump is corrupt and he lies. Seems like we have two liars.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Wink My how this thread has shifted

Everyone is excited about the election but if we're just calling out political spin on either candidate, there is a whole forum dedicated to the back and forth of how great your candidate is and how awful the other one is for our nation.

It's tough deleting Facebook friends that only talk about the election, it's unfortunate that even this NOVA forum has now dove into the mudslinging.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Everyone is excited about the election but if we're just calling out political spin on either candidate, there is a whole forum dedicated to the back and forth of how great your candidate is and how awful the other one is for our nation.

It's tough deleting Facebook friends that only talk about the election, it's unfortunate that even this NOVA forum has now dove into the mudslinging.
HA!! No one is extolling how great any candidate is. It's actually about how bad they both are!

Old 10-17-2016, 04:17 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
The worst part of your last statement is that I also believe that Trump is corrupt and he lies. Seems like we have two liars.

Big difference in the types of lies being told by each. Think national security and deaths of Americans when it comes to Hillary. Trump is just a liar on stupid stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia