Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:17 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,290,229 times

Advertisements

Your previous surveys are on file. They will look them up and proceed from there. In no way does it need to be the same people or company.

Unless There was an existing fence that fell down, I wouldn't share the cost. If the neighbor wanted it fenced that badly they'd have paid themselves.

Good fences (on the right property lines) make good neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 03:18 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,290,229 times
I did give my neighbors a heads up about the installation. Mainly because they had 12 maintained shrubs on my property that were about to become fenced in. It was a courtesy that I will never regret.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:20 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,179,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
Your previous surveys are on file. They will look them up and proceed from there. In no way does it need to be the same people or company.

Unless There was an existing fence that fell down, I wouldn't share the cost. If the neighbor wanted it fenced that badly they'd have paid themselves.

There is no fence, no nothing, just somewhat abandoned area, no one takes care of, so I am confused about boundary line.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:

I have hard copy of survey. But I doubt it is wrong.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:

You said previous surveys? I guess I am the second homeowner, the previous homeowner owns the house for more than 50 years.

Anyway, where is the link to find survey online? I also want to look up my neighbor's survey.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,122 times
Very simple. Just call a surveyor, whether the same one or a different one, show him the paperwork that you do have and ask him how much to mark that section of your yard. If you agree on a price, hire him to mark it.

As far as your neighbor goes, tell him what you are thinking about doing and you can ask him to share the cost if you want to. The worst thing he could say is no.

Also, knowing Fairfax, I'm sure that they will require you to get a permit before construction.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Very simple. Just call a surveyor, whether the same one or a different one, show him the paperwork that you do have and ask him how much to mark that section of your yard. If you agree on a price, hire him to mark it.

As far as your neighbor goes, tell him what you are thinking about doing and you can ask him to share the cost if you want to. The worst thing he could say is no.

Also, knowing Fairfax, I'm sure that they will require you to get a permit before construction.
But where can I look up a fairfax surveyor?

When a Permit is Required*- Fairfax County, Virginia

No permit is needed for fence.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
Well, that's a surprise.

Now there is one less thing that you will have to do.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
But where can I look up a fairfax surveyor?
Phone book, check online or call the Fairfax Building Inspector's office for a recommendation.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Well, that's a surprise.

Now there is one less thing that you will have to do.
Where to look up surveyor database? I would like to find one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: