Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:00 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times

Advertisements

OP I have seen people post notes on their mailbox (assuming this is a condo/apt) telling the post office not to leave mail for the other user or you can tell the post office. Other than that your option is mark "return to sender" or throw it out and don't worry about it. Odds are it was a previous tenant who was too lazy to put a change of address in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 10:16 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,289,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Glad your the morality police on a social media site. *rolleyes*
You don’t seem very self aware since you are the one who started a thread all about investigating someone else’s business and opening someone else’s mail to prove that they are doing something wrong...

Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 AM

855 posts, read 624,413 times
Quote:
Former res using me address, Ive lived here over 4 years. I got letters from the DMV, when I brought them in to prove he didn't live here, they didn't know what to do. I've received university packs in the post for the guy to prove he lived here, reported it to my USPS and the uni. Did nothing. Now getting letters about reckless driving on his dl. With my address on it. What can I do? Thanks
I've been living where I am for just over a year, and mail that
comes to me addressed to former residents has been steadily
tapering off.

However, there's one former resident whose mail is arriving
here more frequently, oddly enough. Just going by the return-
addresses of these items, they appear to be mostly credit-card
offers; nothing earth-shattering thus far.

Anyway, I simply do what I shared in a similar thread, here.

-

Old 10-10-2019, 01:37 PM

Okay, here’s a new twist on the current theme that
I have never seen before.

Today I received a piece of mail addressed to the
person who doesn’t live here "AND" me. Together,
like we were housemates or something. It’s just a
political flyer; nothing requiring special handling or
anything.

Anyone ever have that happen before? It’s new to
me.

-

Old 10-10-2019, 02:32 PM

490 posts, read 584,084 times
Put a line through the address mark addressee unknown and return it . The previous tenant didn't put a COA with the USPS. Also likely moved out of state and still using the VA drivers license, tags to avoid cost or not being able to get a new license/registration at new location so they have a license until it expires
The same with other loans , legal, or debt. Never notified of new address on purpose. Happens all the time

Old 10-10-2019, 05:05 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,133 times
idc about 99% of mail

I was getting bank and loan contracts fedex to my address for signature plus traffic court notices.

ie Someone was saying they lived at my address to use my address for loans and identification

I called the court and they left a note for the judge that person doesnt live here and I live her for 3 years

That mail stopped

I still get ads and such but that is not a sign of Identity Theft

Old 10-14-2019, 08:27 AM

25 posts, read 16,682 times
Yeah, I still get occasional mail for one or two of the renters who lived in my house before I bought it from the previous owner 5 years ago. I just toss the stuff in the trash and move on.

Quote:
Former res using me address, Ive lived here over 4 years. I got letters from the DMV, when I brought them in to prove he didn't live here, they didn't know what to do. I've received university packs in the post for the guy to prove he lived here, reported it to my USPS and the uni. Did nothing. Now getting letters about reckless driving on his dl. With my address on it. What can I do? Thanks

Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 AM

5,109 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Okay, here’s a new twist on the current theme that
I have never seen before.

Today I received a piece of mail addressed to the
person who doesn’t live here "AND" me. Together,
like we were housemates or something. It’s just a
political flyer; nothing requiring special handling or
anything.

Anyone ever have that happen before? It’s new to
me.

-

The only thing I can think of is the person may still be registered to vote at that address or may be on the city resident listing. If you are too, that would explain the two names.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
The only thing I can think of is the person may still be registered to vote at that address or may be on the city resident listing. If you are too, that would explain the two names.
That would make sense. It was a bit of
a surprise, as it's usually the previous resident's
name followed by "or current resident".

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: