Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,350,110 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. I called the Drs office this morning and asked what they will be doing, how they handle patients, and i felt a bit better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 10:14 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,431,983 times
Had a mammogram in mid May with Fairfax Radiologists and like others have said, text them when there and they text me when to come in, then was met at door for temp check and to answer questions. Once in needed to complete the info on an iPad which they sealed in a storage bag that came straight out of the box. Waited a short time and then straight back. Everything done in one room, changing into gown, the mammo, then change back and out the door.

Eye doctor was the same, wait in the car then temp check at door and straight back to be seen. I had to go back to have my eye pressure rechecked and didn’t even go in, she came to the door with the instrument and checked me standing outside the door. Did get temp check at the dentist and waited in the waiting room with others, all social distance. My doctor appointment was telemed. Everyone and everywhere had masks on which is a great relief as where I live in the country out in Spotsylvania County that’s not true at all at the local grocery store. NoVa seems to be taking this seriously as it should.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:27 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Fairfax Co Dept of Tax Administration is claiming that real estate tax bills will be mailed out next week. My brother is having difficulties as an owner in both Fairfax and Loudoun, the latter having no grace period due to the virus, and not receiving any bills. Be on the lookout for your invoice soon. They are also not accepting walk-in traffic so they could print off an invoice or provide stub for online payment.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:44 PM

7 posts, read 4,280 times
Thanks everyone. I'm coming from an isolated military installation in between LA and Vegas. We are required to wear masks and follow the arrows in grocery stores. I'm used to no restaurants because we have NONE here (unless you count Burger King and Taco Bell) - yes I live in a special kind of hell (we also go on lockdown - stay at home orders - depending on what CA Gov Newsom puts out for the state in conjunction with local case numbers) . hahah - I'm looking forward to civilization again (lived in Honolulu prior) and opportunity (although with some restrictions) - so was mostly wondering how "open" things were (I planned to wear a mask anyway - this COVID is a nightmare I'd never wish to deal with). I see most schools are going Virtual Learning .... still waiting on PWC to release its decision. Are salons open? Top Golf / Bowling? (I have kids so...)

Old 07-15-2020, 01:02 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Hair salons are open but they have restrictions such as how many people are in there at a given time. Plus you can't wait inside for your appt. You have to call them and let them know you are outside waiting, then they let you in when they are ready.

I'm going next week for my first hair cut in almost 6 months After my appt., I will report back here

Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,290,229 times
Fairfax libraries have opened for 30 minute in person browsing or holds pickup. We went today. I think we were the only patrons there. It was so nice. One of those things I really truly missed. I may go back again tomorrow.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:56 AM

^^^^Good to know. Thanks.

I hear that they are now allowing salons to once again use blow dryers---not sure if that's a good idea...

Old 07-16-2020, 01:25 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Restrictions on blow dryers? LOL

Old 07-16-2020, 01:35 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
Fairfax libraries have opened for 30 minute in person browsing or holds pickup. We went today. I think we were the only patrons there. It was so nice. One of those things I really truly missed. I may go back again tomorrow.
I'm curious to know how the libraries sanitize all those books! I've stopped borrowing paper books from my library long before Covid19 because of the germs (yes, I'm a bit of a germaphobe). Nowadays, if there's no e-book version, then I do without.

Last edited by graceC; 07-16-2020 at 01:46 PM..

Old 07-16-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
I went to my salon when they first opened back in June and there was no restriction on blow dryers. They used one on me. I never realized that was a restriction.
I was supposed to go for my haircut in June but my stylist had a mishap and had to stay off her feet for a month. When I set up the June appt. with her, she said there would be no blow drying but she would towel dry my hair. Recently, the salon sent an email out to all clients saying that they are once again doing some blow drying. Apparently, there are different levels of blow drying and some types they aren't doing (this is all confusing to me).

The concern with blow drying, in general, was that if the virus was in the air, blow drying could spread it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia