Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 08:04 AM

396 posts, read 605,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Can't speak for wineries in Pennsylvania but around here 50 West is a little west of Route 15/ Route 50 intersection but the wife and I enjoyed it with some friends. I like Quattro Goombas but admit that we mostly go there for the beer (and the pizza). Hidden Brook a bit east of 15 north of Leesburg. There aren't many right on 15 but if you're willing to go about 10 -15 minutes west - or east once you get near Lucketts then you will find plenty. Just a heads up - Route 15 is at least 45 minutes without traffic from Quantico.
Thanks. Yeah after several trips to and from Quantico to Maine, Route via vis 234, is WAY faster than 95, 295, beltway and all that other crap. So glad I live in Maine. You folks can have that bumper to bumper stuff everyday, it's not for me.

Heck, while route 15 is a bit off the beaten path, it is a perfect road for me
(my blog, when I do it: offthebeatenpathwithskip.com) notes my passion for back roads. WAY more to see traveling this way.

Going 10, 15 20 minutes off of route 15 isn't a big deal at all. We will be trying to keep it reasonable as we need - ok, so want to, get to intercourse early enough to shop, drive around and enjoy ourselves, before calling it a night. The next day, we'll have a little time, but with lunch at the Shikellamy State Park overlook, and driving to Saratoga that night, time is a bit tight.

Thank you, and Be Safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 AM

152 posts, read 180,191 times
Another unique winery not too far off of 15 is Zephaniah Farm Winery. Normally, their tastings are in a living room type setting, but right now it looks like they're doing outdoor tastings Fridays through Sundays.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:37 AM

Thanks, it looks very nice.

UPDATE: Looks like the days we will be in the area are Monday (while heading down to Quantico), and Wednesday when heading to Intercourse, PA). Which stinks because many places are Closed Mondays' and some are only Open, Thurs-Sunday. This is making it a bit harder to find places, but there are many so we (and you's) will keep looking and providing suggestions

Old 09-14-2020, 05:36 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalemand View Post
Thanks. Yeah after several trips to and from Quantico to Maine, Route via vis 234, is WAY faster than 95, 295, beltway and all that other crap. So glad I live in Maine. You folks can have that bumper to bumper stuff everyday, it's not for me.

Heck, while route 15 is a bit off the beaten path, it is a perfect road for me
(my blog, when I do it: offthebeatenpathwithskip.com) notes my passion for back roads. WAY more to see traveling this way.

Going 10, 15 20 minutes off of route 15 isn't a big deal at all. We will be trying to keep it reasonable as we need - ok, so want to, get to intercourse early enough to shop, drive around and enjoy ourselves, before calling it a night. The next day, we'll have a little time, but with lunch at the Shikellamy State Park overlook, and driving to Saratoga that night, time is a bit tight.

Thank you, and Be Safe
If you're willing to go about 20 or so minutes off, Doukenie Winery in Hillsboro is good and also Hiddencroft near Lovettsville (it's more like 25 minutes).

Old 09-15-2020, 05:13 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Fabbioli Cellars and Greenhill wineries are both near Rt. 15 AND open on Mondays.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:39 AM

Some nice choices, Thank you.

Now we are just figuring out which day(s) will be best or easiest to visit. Going down to Quantico (Monday) heading back to Maine (Wednesday) or while we are in Quantico, which then gives us Tuesday to add to day we can check out winery's in the area. Yes, and still do all the other things we want to do. Some much to do, so little time.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:18 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,893,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalemand View Post
Some nice choices, Thank you.

Now we are just figuring out which day(s) will be best or easiest to visit. Going down to Quantico (Monday) heading back to Maine (Wednesday) or while we are in Quantico, which then gives us Tuesday to add to day we can check out winery's in the area. Yes, and still do all the other things we want to do. Some much to do, so little time.
Potomac point winery is a little south of Quantico, down route 1. Effingham winery is about 30 minutes west in nokesville. Both nice places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia