Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 08:34 AM

396 posts, read 605,578 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. We will be headed down this way (October 5th -9th) in a few weeks and want to get in a winery or 2. Any thoughts on nice ones that

- A big enough for social distancing with ease
- Maybe a farm with animals (not a big deal)
- Not to far off of 15 (thoughts on the ones near and off route 50 area?)

We will be taking route 15 from just outside of Quantico up to route 30 towards Intercourse, PA. The Gettysburg area looks like it has some? Maybe we do one while in Gettysburg a few days earlier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 09:30 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,893,272 times
Stone Tower near Leesburg is beautiful (I'm biased as I got married there last year). Definitely call ahead as I'm not sure if they're still requiring reservations. Normally, they have their main tasting building (no kids/dogs), and a separate large barn tasting room where you can have kids/dogs.

A little south of there is Quattro Goombas, I don't drink the wine there as they have a brewery, but my wife likes it

Old 09-13-2020, 09:56 AM

looks like an awesome place, damn won't you know it, they are closed the day we would be going by

Thank you,

Old 09-13-2020, 02:47 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalemand View Post
Hi folks. We will be headed down this way (October 5th -9th) in a few weeks and want to get in a winery or 2. Any thoughts on nice ones that

- A big enough for social distancing with ease
- Maybe a farm with animals (not a big deal)
- Not to far off of 15 (thoughts on the ones near and off route 50 area?)

We will be taking route 15 from just outside of Quantico up to route 30 towards Intercourse, PA. The Gettysburg area looks like it has some? Maybe we do one while in Gettysburg a few days earlier?
Bull Run Winery in Centerville is very nice.

https://www.wineryatbullrun.com/

Old 09-13-2020, 03:24 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
I've not been here in a couple years but it is close to 15 and in Haymarket. Wife and I loved the place.

https://www.wineryatlagrange.com/

Old 09-13-2020, 03:56 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Can't speak for wineries in Pennsylvania but around here 50 West is a little west of Route 15/ Route 50 intersection but the wife and I enjoyed it with some friends. I like Quattro Goombas but admit that we mostly go there for the beer (and the pizza). Hidden Brook a bit east of 15 north of Leesburg. There aren't many right on 15 but if you're willing to go about 10 -15 minutes west - or east once you get near Lucketts then you will find plenty. Just a heads up - Route 15 is at least 45 minutes without traffic from Quantico.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:02 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
I'd look for places that require reservations. In my experience, those are the places that are doing the "social distancing" best.

Old 09-13-2020, 09:10 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
My wife works at a winery in Fauquier Co. The first one she blurted out was 50 West as one of her favorites along that route. She likes LaGrange. It used to be owned by the same person who owns the one where she works.

I'm not sure what you mean by taking 15 from just outside of Quantico. She says if you are heading north you could head up 234 and hit Effingham Manor. It isn't far from Quantico. Then from Effingham you could go to Pearmund or Vint Hill off of 29 as you head toward 15 (if that's the route you are taking). Effingham and Pearmund are not prone to large groups and have a lot of space outside which makes it easy to distance.

Quattro Goombas for the pizza but not the wine.

www.effinghammanor.com

pearmundcellars.com

Old 09-14-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
Stone Tower near Leesburg is beautiful (I'm biased as I got married there last year). Definitely call ahead as I'm not sure if they're still requiring reservations. Normally, they have their main tasting building (no kids/dogs), and a separate large barn tasting room where you can have kids/dogs.

A little south of there is Quattro Goombas, I don't drink the wine there as they have a brewery, but my wife likes it
Hi, this (Stone Tower) looks like a wonderful place, but no openings at all in October I'll check out your other suggestion now

Old 09-14-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
My wife works at a winery in Fauquier Co. The first one she blurted out was 50 West as one of her favorites along that route. She likes LaGrange. It used to be owned by the same person who owns the one where she works.

I'm not sure what you mean by taking 15 from just outside of Quantico. She says if you are heading north you could head up 234 and hit Effingham Manor. It isn't far from Quantico. Then from Effingham you could go to Pearmund or Vint Hill off of 29 as you head toward 15 (if that's the route you are taking). Effingham and Pearmund are not prone to large groups and have a lot of space outside which makes it easy to distance.

Quattro Goombas for the pizza but not the wine.

www.effinghammanor.com

pearmundcellars.com
Nice options, Thank you. Yeah we will be taking route 234 to route 15 to 30 to Intercourse, PA.

We'll be hitting Blue Valley Viinyard's and Red Truck Bakery (this stop is for me) on the way down, and another one or 2 on the way back to Intercourse, PA. It appears you could spend a few weeks hitting most of the wineries in the area, hell it looks like there is 50 to 100 of the damn places in VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia