Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 16,979 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Reston and commuting to DC. I want to rent a townhouse for about $2000, maybe more. I will be in the area to check out the homes and neighborhoods but I don't know where to start, and where to drive first. If I were to stay in Tysons and travel west into Reston, should I follow the Dulles Access Rd. and take exits off and on? I just want to navigate the trip so I see the most I can, without going in circles and getting lost along the way. I want to rule out areas and settle on an approximate area, before I get a realtor. Thanks so much for any co-pilot help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,964,182 times
Try HomesDatabase - Home for Sale and Rent in DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, it has a great mapping feature. You can enter your criteria and look at photos and details of homes and get an idea of where they are from the map.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
The Dulles Toll Road with exits at Wiehle Avenue, Reston Parkway, and Fairfax County Parkway. The Dulles Access Road runs inside the Toll Road and goes straight to the airport. For $2000/mo in a townhouse, you won't need to look in Reston Town Center.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM

6 posts, read 16,979 times
Thanks for the information. The mapping feature is great. I'll take the suggested exits too and go from there.

I thought $2000 would get a pretty nice townhouse in Reston because I saw that some nicer townhomes in Vienna go for at least $2300+. Did you mean that $2000 won't get me much in all of Reston or just the Town Center area?

From all that I have read, North and East Reston are the best areas for safety and appearance. Anyone agree or disagree? I prefer a friendly, family neighborhood with great schools (as does everyone else I'm sure). I'll be commuting into DC if that matters at all.

I have read the opinions regarding schools and hate to ask again, but as an update, are the schools just as good in any part of Reston? Any schools to avoid? (Schools are important as I have two kids (12 and 8). What's up with the High School? ...I have read conflicting reviews.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM

298 posts, read 1,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningtoVA View Post
Thanks for the information. The mapping feature is great. I'll take the suggested exits too and go from there.

I thought $2000 would get a pretty nice townhouse in Reston because I saw that some nicer townhomes in Vienna go for at least $2300+. Did you mean that $2000 won't get me much in all of Reston or just the Town Center area?

From all that I have read, North and East Reston are the best areas for safety and appearance. Anyone agree or disagree? I prefer a friendly, family neighborhood with great schools (as does everyone else I'm sure). I'll be commuting into DC if that matters at all.

I have read the opinions regarding schools and hate to ask again, but as an update, are the schools just as good in any part of Reston? Any schools to avoid? (Schools are important as I have two kids (12 and 8). What's up with the High School? ...I have read conflicting reviews.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.
I've no idea about schools as cats don't need education but I live in North Point and rent a 3bed 2.5 bath for $1550
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia