Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
I'm really starting to sneeze today, too. Mother Nature's a tease--where's all that rain we were promised? I want a good soaker to wash all this pollen away.
No rain in your neck of the woods? It must have all come to my neighborhood. We're having a nice steady shower. Already I can feel my sinuses improve.

Hey, speaking about pollen, does anyone know if it has nutrients? I mean, it's function is literally to pollinate. And the news said an unusually thick layer of pollen fell yesterday and this morning, before the rain started. So if that thick layer is combined with the rain, will it nourish the plants and grass?

That's just a guess. Anyone out there a biologist who knows about these things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
LOL, guess it had started raining while I was busy on the computer and not looking out the window. Still, it's just light showers. I'm in the mood for some RAIN!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
Having moved to the area last Summer from Michigan I have had allergies all seasons now being the worse. I just heard on local news that no cases of this flu are reported in Virginia or North Carolina. North Carolina had like 14 people tested all Neg so far. Our whole family feels sick with these allergies. I checked my daughter for fever and she had none and with allergies you can have sore throat. Wash hands. It cracks me up when I read how people are not going to go to the mall or buying food for two weeks. Flu can last a long time the outbreak are you going to sit at home all summer? Live and take steps to protect your family.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpor View Post
My allergies have been acting up a lot lately. This morning I started sneezing while I was on the Metro. Guy in the seat in front of me got up and moved to the other side of the car. True story.
That's a good way to get a seat on a crowded train...

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
That's a good way to get a seat on a crowded train...

LOL, you're right! I'll bet that was what he was doing.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
So I've been hanging out at home, catching up on a bunch of chores. Today I cleaned out the trunk of my car and finally got around to removing the box of snow shovelling stuff.

LOL, you know winter's gone when you take out the ice scraper and replace it with a bottle of SPF 15.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:17 PM

798 posts, read 2,728,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athousandlogins View Post
My husband reports actually seeing someone wearing a surgical mask on the Orange Line today. A little much, methinks.
I have seen a few folks over the last few dats wearing these masks. When we lived in Japan, it was not uncommon for a person with a bad cold or illness to wear a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpor View Post
My allergies have been acting up a lot lately. This morning I started sneezing while I was on the Metro. Guy in the seat in front of me got up and moved to the other side of the car. True story.
I saw that a couple of times on the metro today..

Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 PM

162 posts, read 638,637 times
If everyone would cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough, they wouldn't freak anyone out. It's those that don't cover that freak them out.

Yesterday I was in an elevator at work with five or six people. Lucky me...the little old lady next to me sneezed without covering her mouth. I sincerely think that all of us in that elevator that work at the hospital held our breath until we could get out! It's the rude people not covering that are the problem.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Beaches View Post
Yesterday I was in an elevator at work with five or six people. Lucky me...the little old lady next to me sneezed without covering her mouth. I sincerely think that all of us in that elevator that work at the hospital held our breath until we could get out! It's the rude people not covering that are the problem.
I guess no one said "Bless you" or "ghezuntite"...

Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Beaches View Post

Ewwwww....

And yet another reason that taking the stairs is good for your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia