Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 22,038 times

Advertisements

I did a search and didn't see anything recent.

Any recommendations for kids haircuts? If you use a particular salon, can you name the stylist you use, too? We live in Ravensworth Farms in Springfield and I work in Alexandria near Landmark - daycare is near there, too.
My son is approaching 2 and is extremely squirmy, so it needs to be someone quick with a lot of patience. I've been trimming him at home, but he is starting to look like one of the Beatles with a bowl cut and it is going to get hot in the summer. I'd like to get a typical boys cut, not a buzz cut, but that is beyond my skills without butchering it!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 10:57 AM

385 posts, read 1,260,315 times
THe Beauty Academy in Annandale/Koreatown on John Marr Dr. does student cuts for 5.99. Many of the students have years of experience; they are just getting lisensed.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,682,232 times
Springfield Mall has a Cartoon Cuts (haven't used it myself so no first-hand recommendation but it has been there for years).

Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 AM

1,261 posts, read 6,104,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Springfield Mall has a Cartoon Cuts (haven't used it myself so no first-hand recommendation but it has been there for years).
I'm in the same predicament because we found a very patient stylist and she just left the salon we go to in Burke. But I have a few friends who take their kids to Cartoon Cuts in Springfield (to the owner--I don't know her name).

Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 AM

199 posts, read 652,846 times
I have been to cartoon cuts...they are fine...no better than simple "hair cuttery!!!" They are cheaper and you get everything you need..I have a 2 year old squirmy little one too and I switched from Cartoon cuts to hair cuttery Easy on my wallet...easy on my child

Old 06-17-2009, 11:58 AM

11 posts, read 58,474 times
There is also a Cartoon Cuts in Tysons Galleria. They charge $15.99 for a cut which is definitely on the high side but worth it. They totally cater to kids with TVs at each station (which my son loves), lollipops when they're done, etc. My son has never had a problem getting his hair cut. You can often get coupons on their website to save $2. I check every time. Saving a little is better than saving nothing!! My son also has a short hair cut (not a buzz) and we take him every 2 months. We make sure to get it really short when we go and it lasts awhile. His hair grows fast. I don't have a stylist in particular to recommend. I just go to whoever is available. Good luck!!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:09 PM

385 posts, read 1,260,315 times
There is a place like that in the Manassas Mall (if you are unfortunate). It's near the Target entrance to the Mall. It seemed like it was more 12-13, but those things change--I heard Hair Cuttery raised their prices.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM

6 posts, read 27,664 times
If you have access to Fort Belvoir the ladies at the barber shop there are super quick. My kids (3 and 7) have never had their hair cut anywhere else. Don't worry, you can get something other than a buzz cut. I can't remember how much it costs, but it's not more than $10.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:43 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,724,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrachips View Post
I did a search and didn't see anything recent.

Any recommendations for kids haircuts? If you use a particular salon, can you name the stylist you use, too? We live in Ravensworth Farms in Springfield and I work in Alexandria near Landmark - daycare is near there, too.
My son is approaching 2 and is extremely squirmy, so it needs to be someone quick with a lot of patience. I've been trimming him at home, but he is starting to look like one of the Beatles with a bowl cut and it is going to get hot in the summer. I'd like to get a typical boys cut, not a buzz cut, but that is beyond my skills without butchering it!
Thanks!
I recommend the barber shop at the Bradlee Shopping Center in Alexandria. They even have a little race car for kids to sit in while getting their hair cut.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 12,819 times
Hello,
I found this post in a search for kids hair salons. I know it's an old post but if anyone is looking for Kids Hair in Northern Va. Check out YouthSalons.com you don't even have to leave your house. Youth Salons does Haircut Playdates! We invite a few friends with kids over and everyone gets a cut. It's an amazing service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia