Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,934 times

Advertisements

I am interested in buying a new townhome in the Glen at Goose Creek community in Ashburn. This community is currently under construction so I am not sure what to do as I have no idea about the area and the neighbourhood. I read in these forums that Ashburn is good, does anybody have any opinion about this particular area. This is right off Exit 4 on dulles green way.

I did a little bit of research and it appears that loudon county has approved construction of commercial buildings/shops near by so this area might develop, also it appears that Lennar has also bought a lot of land near this community to construct family homes.

your opinion will help me a lot - thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
That whole area is growing. It has good schools and low crime and while most of the shopping etc... is on the other side of 267 it won't take long for it to arrive.

It's a quick jump on 267 for getting into Tysons or DC. but they keep raising up the rates.

It's a typical suburbian sprawl area. The Ashburn sports complex is a great community ccenter. But you have to pay a bit extra to use it since you are not a resident of Ashburn Village.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 9,905 times
Hi befriend
Did you buy a house in Glen at goose creek (Ashburn, VA)?
If yes, could you please let me know how you liked it so far, the neighborhood, experience with Centex etc
Thanks

Old 11-08-2009, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 15,312 times
As a recent buyer (6 months) of a townhouse in the Glen at Goose Creek Phase 1, we think this is one of the most advantageous locations in eastern Loudoun County. We bought a completely finished townhouse from a couple who had only lived in it about 8 months (job relocation). After looking for a townhouse for more than a year, it is our opinion that once the Harris Teeter and Town Center go in, the value of these homes will skyrocket. From what I've heard, the Town Center is supposed to be nicer than Lansdowne when it is completed. The location is also excellent if you work in the Leesburg/Ashburn/Sterling area because you are right off of Rt7 and 267. You could easily commute to McLean/Tysons/DC if need be. Yes the toll price sucks but all toll prices suck. The neighborhoods are extremely safe, new, and solidly middle to upper middle class if that is what you are looking for. This location is 5-10 minutes from Brambleton which has additional restaurants and the new movie theatre. After living in Loudoun County for 3 years, we could not be happier in this location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia