Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 PM

652 posts, read 1,303,904 times

Advertisements

I second Margery's endorsement of Eddie Edwards. A good, professional rental agent. One caveat though - he requires a up-front retainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 AM

96 posts, read 261,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
I second Margery's endorsement of Eddie Edwards. A good, professional rental agent. One caveat though - he requires a up-front retainer.
I'll gladly pay a retainer to someone who can really help. He sounds very professional. I will call him. Thanks so much.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 AM

239 posts, read 710,967 times
The house in ended up in was on CraigsList; but I actually found a realtor who was great, she took us all around, gave honest opinions about neighborhoods, etc.
We did not end up being able to rent from her, but only because the house we wanted was being rented directly from the owner and I knew I could do that myself and she would not have ended up with a comission anyway.
I did keep her card in case I needed her again, once I find it I will email you directly with the info.
I found it...it will be in your direct messages.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
We were recently in the same situation, and we found help from the Wilkes family, they are a father & 2 sons team at Remax. They are really willing to go the extra mile to help you find what you are looking for.
Joshua Wilkes - (703) 658-4719
www.weputufirst.com

Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
We were recently in the same situation, and we found help from the Wilkes family, they are a father & 2 sons team at Remax. They are really willing to go the extra mile to help you find what you are looking for.
Joshua Wilkes - (703) 658-4719
www.weputufirst.com
Thank you very much. I feel like I have some options now and I feel much better.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFean View Post
Thank you very much. I feel like I have some options now and I feel much better.
I'll feel better too... The Wilkes did help us out, but we actually ended up finding our rental home through someone else. So, even though they did most of the work, someone else got the credit (and the $$)
So, referring them is the least that I can do....
and, in case you're wondering, we didn't exactly screw them out of the deal. It just worked out the way that it did.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 6,057 times
One of my rental clients said she found my name on here as a recommended agent. Hi, Eddie Edwards here. First time on this site. Awesome! Thank you for all of those good comments. We pride ourselves on offering a professional rental search service for 25 years now. For all of those that pointed out craigslist or militarybyowner as a good source for rentals I would honestly say Stay Away "unless" you are an expert at leases and pricing. Here are the facts. Craigslist and MIlitarybyOwner are "primarily" people who are not using professionals to market or manage there homes. Fact: Most are overpriced, Fact: Craigslist is loaded with rental scams. I have personally had people take my ads and copy and paste and advertise my rentals under another name. This is on top of the biggest scam where people break in to vacant homes and change out the locks and then advertise on Craigslist. You stop by and then rent by giving a cash or money order 1st months and deposit never to see the so called landlord again. I could go on and on about why you should avoid for rent by owners. Anyway, sorry about the rant but about 25% of our calls are from renters who have been burned by for rent by owners and people renting there homes taking money and then going into foreclosure. Bottom line, call an expert. We work for the tenants when looking. We also market rentals also. Moderator Cut: Realtors cannot advertise. Please see Terms of Service to learn how you can participate as a Registered Real Estate Agent on the forum.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-26-2010 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Add info

Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 PM

Hey Eddie- I see you found me. You certainly took the worry out of finding a home in NOVA. I've prepared everything you suggested and I am just waiting for the bureaucrats to finish with the gov't change-of-station paperwork. When that's done, I'll call you. Thanks so much. Stevie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia