Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am new to the Herndon Reston area. Please can anyone suggest a good Pediatrican and Obgyn in this area. Is capital area pediatrics good? Any opinion on Dr. Kasloff at Capital Area Pediatrics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,688,233 times
I've been seeing Dr. Hersh for nearly 20 years. She's outstanding. (Sorry I don't know about her partners but I always ask for her.) They're at Reston Hospital:

Virginia Women's Health Associates

Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,956,843 times
Greenbriar ob/gyn are excellent, especially the head guy, Ray Weirthem. Dr. Ray A Wertheim, MD - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Fairfax, VA Sorry, I can't help with pediatrics, my favorite pediatrician retired!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 AM

1,449 posts, read 3,173,374 times
I go to Kathleen(s) Raush and Cauble at Physicians for OB/GYN Care. They delivered my daughter at Reston Hospital.

For pediatrician, we use Reston Pediatrics. We prefer the Sterling office out near the Dulles Town Center. There is only one doctor with the practice we did NOT like - Sivo or something like that? The rest have been great.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 AM

219 posts, read 472,617 times
We go to Farrell Pediatrics on Sunset Hills Rd. in Reston and have liked/respected every doctor we've seen there.

Dr. Namrata Choudary at Women First ob/gyn delivered my son at Reston Hospital and did a great job (emergency c-section). It's a small practice and has just had some changes with people leaving and others coming, so I can't yet comment on the new people.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:44 PM

15 posts, read 49,996 times
My Wife goes to Dr Alfreda Jones... in the Reston Hospital Center.. she is very good.....but be prepared to wait.... Capital Pediatrics.. at Highland Crossing is very very good!!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,615,702 times
I used to go to Alfreda Jones, but I don't think she's worth the long wait. By long I mean reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly loooooooooooooooooooooooong. I over heard her staff talking one day and they were talking about how Dr. Jones basically comes in when she feels like it with no regard to her schedule.

Her appointments seem to be booked at one time and you sit and sit and wait for Jones to come through the door and once she does you still have to wait another hour or more. Then once they put you in the little room, again more waiting. Not worth the 2 to 3 hour wait!!!

I also had issues with how they put the codes in for my insurance and me having to go back over there in person to get it straightened out.

I just see my regular doctor now for "woman visits". So I can't really refer you to another ob/gyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia