Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM

51 posts, read 69,481 times

Advertisements

I'm confused as to where this idea comes from--while there are many towns in Illinois that are closer to the city than those in NWI, Naperville is not necessarily one of them. I used to commute to downtown from Crown Point. Way further away than Munster. One of my co-workers commuted from Naperville. It took her longer to get to work than it took me to get to work. Part of this might have been that I worked very close to Millennium Station, which was quite a hike from Union/Oglvie or what have you, but still. The idea that Munster is further than Naperville is simply not true. According to Google Maps, Munster is 28.9 miles or 49 minutes from the Loop, while Naperville is 33.6 miles and 55 minutes from the Loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:20 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,870,272 times
Default Naperville is closer by time by train

Munster is about the same distance (Naperville is really big so distance can be up to 30 mins more depending upon where you live). Someone who lives near downtown Naperville has access to 33 min express train. Munster has nothing close to this.

Many take the train from Naperville, hence the need for express train that goes 80mph at peak. BNSF is just a faster train. I know very few who drive from Naperville to downtown everyday unless it is at off hours.

Distance is not nearly as important as time when you commute everyday. Naperville is a faster option to the loop when you take the train.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Can we get back to talking about beer in this thread? Who cares about Naperville.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:21 PM

71 posts, read 227,875 times
Yeah, yeah every one of the dozens of times an individual goes there he gets rude service. I've overheard some of the self-entitled tourists demands and whines and refusals to follow common instructions. (Certain types of Beer nerds seem overly prone to this sort of complaining). Add alcohol and reality gets distorted. Since day one, I've never seen it or experienced poor treatment. This place is not a sanitized corporate-design bar, and it's just not for everyone's taste. If you can deal with that, then relax and try to enjoy one of the best breweries in THE WORLD...and it's right in your back yard.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:17 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Munster is about the same distance (Naperville is really big so distance can be up to 30 mins more depending upon where you live). Someone who lives near downtown Naperville has access to 33 min express train. Munster has nothing close to this.

Many take the train from Naperville, hence the need for express train that goes 80mph at peak. BNSF is just a faster train. I know very few who drive from Naperville to downtown everyday unless it is at off hours.

Distance is not nearly as important as time when you commute everyday. Naperville is a faster option to the loop when you take the train.
Even is so, don't think 15 or even 30 minutes of commuting or in this case visiting 3 Floyd's should stop anyone from visiting or living in Munster. If its an extra hour or two then we can continue on this topic. Again, it's the negative old stereotype of the entire region and cluelessness that will stop some from visiting the area and 3 Floyd's

Last edited by WildWestDude; 04-07-2016 at 09:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana