Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 PM

6 posts, read 21,003 times

Advertisements

I am a 26-year-old, recently single male, from San Diego, CA. Got a job as project manager for a local Commercial Construction Company. The Projects will be based in Kaneohe area with the main office in Honolulu will spend 90% of time on job site in Kaneohe.

Visited Kauai, Maui, but have only seen a very small portion on Oahu

My ideal spot would be short drive to work, somewhere with good atmosphere i.e. nightlife on the weekend, nice scenic backdrop, good surf break, and somewhat safe with a chill crowd.

Any thoughts on Shipping a car out was thinking about selling my car and buying one in Oahu just less of a hassle, but might be worth spending the $1000 dollars to ship the car out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 11:53 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,302,696 times
Congrats on the job! Enjoy Oahu. I lived there for three years and still sometimes miss it! The Oahu regulars on the forum will have the best tips for you, but it sounds like you may want to start your search in or around Kailua.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,072 times
The surf in Kailua is better than Kaneohe (none there, really). In Kailua there is a small shorebreak near here:

Kalama Beach Park, Kailua, HI 96734 (Shorebreak) - Google Maps

Most experienced surfers paddle out to Flat Island (popoia island on the map), from Kailua beach park, here, and surf the breaks at the edge of the reef:

Kailua Beach Park, United States - Google Maps

Hank

Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM

312 posts, read 1,639,148 times
From the sounds of what you are looking for, I'd look for a place in Kailua. Although you will probably need to come into town for the "nightlife". The drive from Kailua into Honolulu isn't bad, especially during non-rush hour times.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 PM

850 posts, read 4,363,300 times
i agree with cyn, hank and ms. hell. you probably would want to move to kailua. lots of beach activities and a hop and a skip to kaneohe. there's not a whole lot of nightlife in kailua. kaneohe is another opition, just depends on the subdivision.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Where should a Single Male Live in Oahu?

I am a 26-year-old, recently single male, from San Diego, CA. Got a job as project manager for a local Commercial Construction Company. The Projects will be based in Ko Olina with the main office in Honolulu will spend 90% of time on job site in Ko Olina.

My ideal spot would be short drive to work, somewhere with good atmosphere i.e. nightlife on the weekend, nice scenic backdrop, good surf break, and somewhat safe with a chill crowd.

Any thoughts on Shipping a car out was thinking about selling my car and buying one in Oahu just less of a hassle, but might be worth spending the $1000 dollars to ship the car out?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 AM

203 posts, read 1,357,827 times
Why did you post this exact same post a day later?

Old 12-01-2007, 03:34 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,072 times
Dfresh,

You have posted essentially the same message, saying two different things.

One says most of your work will be in Kaneohe, the other says it will be in Ko Olina.

Those two places are on opposite sides of the island!

Ko Olina Resort, Oahu, HI - Google Maps

Kaneohe, HI - Google Maps

Old 12-01-2007, 03:44 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,570,789 times
Not a good sign if you're not here yet and already lost. Who's the GC, I know all of them, they say there are no snakes in Hawaii, but there are a few big local general contractors that could easily pass for one.

Aloha, and............GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 PM

Default My bad

Wrote down the wrong city where the project is Ko Olina is the correct site. Contrator has a good rep. Was thinking about living in Ewa Beach close to work. Does this meet any of my other requirments listed below besides close to work? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
I am a 26-year-old, recently single male, from San Diego, CA. Got a job as project manager for a local Commercial Construction Company. The Projects will be based in Ko Olina with the main office in Honolulu will spend 90% of time on job site in Ko Olina.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu