Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2024, 09:30 AM

551 posts, read 1,574,891 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I will be traveling in June to Guam and am stopping in Honolulu for several days on my way to break up the trip. I stayed one-night last summer by accident (flight delayed leaving Guam, so missed my connection- United took care of me) I didn't arrive to the hotel until 9:30 at night and had to get up at 6am to catch my new rebooked flight. But I fell in love with the area in the short amount of time and now that I am going back to Guam (daughter and family in the coast guard), I want to stay longer. I've already book flights, which was a pain in itself, but I have 4 full days, five nights to spend. I plan to book a hotel in Waikiki which is where I stayed that one night and loved the area. I actually loved the hotel too and thought I had taken pictures of the name of it but cannot find it anywhere. I know it was either a Mariott or Hilton. It was open concept-the lobby was outdoors but covered. Next door was shopping and restaurants. It had several towers of different rooms. There were lots of stations for check in and out. It was dark when I arrived so that is all I can tell you. The rooms were really nice. Would anyone have any idea which hotel this was? It was about 12 miles from the airport.

I am open to other hotels though. I am looking at $275 or less a night. I would like to avoid high resort fees. I would like to be on the beach or close to the beach with nice views. I will not have a car so not worried about parking fees. Access to a gym would be nice and restaurants close by would be nice. I don't eat breakfast but do want coffee access, would prefer not to pay for it so maybe in my hotel room? I also want to stay close to the airport and in Waikiki. I have read other posts on this page and in the travel section and have looked at several hotels. The two that I am finding that look good are Hotel Renew and Park Shore.
Can anyone recommend one of these or somewhere else that meets all or most of my requirements?

My plane tickets are booked and the dates I need are Friday June 14th-19th.

Very much appreciate any help!

Allison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2024, 10:28 AM

959 posts, read 1,217,028 times
Look at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach, Sheraton Princes Kaiulani, Twin Fin, or perhaps Park Shore.

I don’t know about pricing as you’ll need to check based on your dates and room type.

Look at each online and see if any are something you’d like.

Old 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM

1,022 posts, read 741,384 times
We go over to to Honolulu 4-5 times a year and always get a different hotel, just to try them out. Last time we were in HNL we stayed at the Ilikai Hotel. They run some surprising rate specials. Put on their own live entertainment, music. Great fun. easy walking to all Waikiki has to offer.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:15 AM

7,192 posts, read 9,329,700 times
I've stayed at Park Shore several times. It's not fancy but it is well located.

Their web shows availability on your dates from $213 per night.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:15 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Your first hotel almost sounds like the Outrigger, but I don't know if that hotel has more than one tower.

Old 02-06-2024, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 310 times
I am a native here. If you have military access there is Hale Koa Hotel in Waikiki. The military person must stay with you. I would recommend Ala Moana Hotel. Outskirts of Waikiki but now walking distance to Ala Moana Center and one of my favorite places to eat is right in parking lot walking across from that hotel. Liliha Bakery. Want entertainment catch a Uber to Blue Notes.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
Hello all,
I plan to book a hotel in Waikiki which is where I stayed that one night and loved the area. I actually loved the hotel too and thought I had taken pictures of the name of it but cannot find it anywhere. I know it was either a Mariott or Hilton. It was open concept-the lobby was outdoors but covered. Next door was shopping and restaurants. It had several towers of different rooms. There were lots of stations for check in and out.
This description sounds like the Hilton Hawaiian Village to me. HHV has an open air lobby with several check in points. Across from the lobby is a little section of restaurants and shops across the entryway road within the property. And the properties consists of multiple towers.

So you can check that property out also, in addition to the others I mentioned earlier in the thread that are a little more centrally located in the heart of Waikiki.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:53 AM

551 posts, read 1,574,891 times
Thank you everyone. I've been researching hotels and looked at all suggested and ending up booking Parkshore today. I am super excited. Thanks so much for your help.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
Thank you everyone. I've been researching hotels and looked at all suggested and ending up booking Parkshore today. I am super excited. Thanks so much for your help.
I think you’ll be happy with your choice. It’s a nice and convenient location.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,032,027 times
https://www.gohawaii.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu