Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,078 times

Advertisements

My husband is getting stationed from WA and I have heard so many conflicting things. We have familiy in Kauai, and have a blast every time we visit; we are active and love the outdoors. My questions are:
What are the schools like, I have heard they are not good.
Where are the safest places to buy a house?
Do the nonlocal kids get beat up by the local kids? (Heard that a lot)
Are the people as laid back and friendly as they are in Kauai?
We are very excited to move, but get so many rolled eyes when we mention it. I just wanted to know if any of the rumors had validity, and if not, where the best place would be to buy a decent house(3 bed) in a queit neighborhood with a good school.
Also any tips from other military families would be helpful, I will have to move while hubby is still in Iraq.
Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
Aloha, and best wishes. I have to admit I don't live on Oahu, but wanted to say hooah and thanks to your husband and to you for your sacrifice.

People roll their eyes for 2 reasons. 1. They're jealous 2. They have never really lived here
Sure there are problems. Same as anywhere. I had the same reactions when people found out we were moving to Big Island. I lived in Las Vegas for 10 years. Not a lot scares me!

It is a lot more expensive here for housing but I'm sure you'll find something that works for your family.

Enjoy,
Army mom of 13 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu