Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM

140 posts, read 731,774 times

Advertisements

Yes, Stone Creek has started a big expansion program with new models(someone said "11"), and is expanding primarily the Arlington area at this point. They are putting in new infrastructure and building "new" homes as fast as they can. However, it appears that the "new" homes are much larger, with 3 bedrooms, and some have 3.5 bathrooms, and from 2400 to 2600+ square feet. They are on golf course lots which we hear add an $82,ooo premium, just for the lot( I think that's the "premium" although that sounds a bit high.) We've walked through some models under construction and the layout seems to be chopped-up with odd-shaped rooms, etc., cutting corners with installing smaller, fixed windows, no frosted window over the toilet, minimal ceiling insulation, and need to step up/dpwn when entering the house(not exactly handicap accessible in a retirement community!) Bottom line: money to be made for the builder.

Don't know why retired folks need so much room...here, I think it s for those "pretentious" people who feel some ego-deficient need to brag about spending more money, spending more money on cars, vacations, their daughter's wedding, house size, on and on.

On! yes there's a small local airport a few miles to the Northeast of Stone Creek and yes occassionaly small private planes and small private jets do fly in/out but it's not exactly JFK or Heathrow airport. The "noise" from small private single engine airplanes and small jets is not exactly earth-shaking nor very frequent either, and you can go for hours without hearing a plane.

Oh! finally, there's still a huge problem with sinkholes on the golf course, in retention drainage ponds, with houses nearing falling in, foudations cracking; water lines breaking, floor tiles brekaing, wall cracks...but I guess a Cessna's noise poses a larger problem than your house and car falling into some huge sinkhole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 AM

51 posts, read 222,134 times
Dennis 925: This is an email I received as a resident of Stone Creek, from Rick Perkins, Stone Creek General Sales Manager on August 5, 2010:

Dear Stone Creek Resident,

We are pleased to share with you our upcoming plans for Stone Creek that will undoubtedly enhance the value, beauty and appeal of the community for current and prospective residents alike.

It is typical for a Del Webb community of this size to introduce several phases of floorplan offerings in order to remain current with design trends, add variety to the streetscape and to continue generating sales pace over the life of the community. Beginning September 1st, we will be announcing the release-for-sale of our second phase of floorplan offerings at Stone Creek. This new generation of floorplans will range in sizes comparable to our current home offerings, with color palettes and exterior elevations that complement the style of homes already built.

Here is the info on the new models:

Garden Series:
Gray Mist 3/2/2 1392 sf $139,900-142,880
Pine Spring 2+den/ 2/2 1429 sf $146,900-149,850
Classic Series:
Copper Ridge 2+library 2/2 1620 sf $169,900-174,575
Surrey Crest 2+study 2/2 1701 sf $176,900-181,575
Vernon Hill 3+library 2/2 1911 sf $196,900-199,975
Willow Bend 2+library 2/2 1927 sf $197,900-200,975
Tifton Way 2+library+sunroom 2/2+golf cart storage 2,029 sf $207,900-211,475
Tifton Walk 2+library+sunroom 2/2+flex space 2,177 sf $213,900-214,875
Estate Series:
Dunwoody Lane 2+den/2.5/2+golf cart storage 2,315 sf $246,900-250,485
Dunwoody Trail 3+den/3/2+golf cart storage 2,488 sf $259,900-262,875
Morningside Lane 3+den/3.5/2+8’ added depth 2,611 sf $269,900-275,285

Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 AM

16 posts, read 52,913 times
JohnG_NYC;

His JohnG, I'm one of those who posted negative remarks about SC. I would like to retract all that I said in anger. In my haste to pass judgment on the SC community I did not give myself time to make the adjustment from individual living outside a community setting to living in a community setting. Some people can make the adjustment very easy others it takes time. I would like to apologize to the Stone Creek community and others on this site. I'm a person that is not afraid to admit I'm wrong and I do so here. Stone Creek is a pleasant community setting which easily gives you the option to be as active as you want and as out going or as private as you want. With that said, I really believe that if you can make the adjustment to a community setting then SC is a great place to live. Check out my photo album of SC by clicking on my Photo Album Icon above.

Sorry All........Please accept my apology.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:28 PM

49 posts, read 443,302 times
NORBBCT,

No reason for an apology. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope your post means things are going better for you at SC. As I've said in the past, I love it here and have made great friends in the year or so I've been there.

JohnG

Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM

51 posts, read 222,134 times
Hi Norbbct ... That was a very kind post you wrote... but you don't need to apologize. I know Stone Creek (or communities like it) are not for everyone. I'm glad to hear that it was just a matter of giving it a little time to adjust as I know (from experience!) how awful it is when you move somewhere and then regret that decision. Hoping we will be able to meet you and your wife sometime!

PS - Enjoyed your pictures ... have you met the fellow that takes pictures of all the SC pets? He recently took a picture of our unwanted SC "pet" .... the alligator in Lake Sebastian! Ugh!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM

12 posts, read 45,399 times
Default koczki

Hi,everyone of you talking about all community around Ocala,instead of"StoneCrest".
We choose this community because,
1 is close to "Villages",across the street27 and Spanish Square-best entretaiment every night)
2 Drivable there by golf cart
3 No CDD
4 lowest HOA
5 possibility change arangement of your floor plan of your house
,at no extra charge
6 Very convienence access to Super Wall Mart,Love's,hospital
by golf cart

Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 PM

16 posts, read 52,913 times
Thank you JohnG_NYC and everyone that responded to my post. Yes JohnG things are going much better and I have met some very nice neighbors and other residents. I'm sure in time I will get to meet many of you at some of the SC functions.......

Thanks again from your neighbor....at SC

Old 10-19-2010, 03:30 PM

15 posts, read 39,144 times
Default property insurance

What do you all do for property insurance? My insurer (of 30 years) said they don't insure many houses in Florida. He said sinkholes are the reason they have very strict guidelines for any house they would insure in Ocala.
Can anyone shed some light on which companies do insure and approximate costs? Please reply by email as I don't check here too often.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:45 AM

67 posts, read 238,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masanddjs View Post
What do you all do for property insurance? My insurer (of 30 years) said they don't insure many houses in Florida. He said sinkholes are the reason they have very strict guidelines for any house they would insure in Ocala.
Can anyone shed some light on which companies do insure and approximate costs? Please reply by email as I don't check here too often.

I have Liberty Mutual. also Allstate is writing Home Insurance. Inexpensive to add sinkhole coverage.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM

49 posts, read 443,302 times
Another company willing to insure is AAA. They will also discount if you do home & auto together.

JohnG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala