Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
I grew up in rural Northeast Ohio. I have had this discussion with friends and family multiple times. The general consensus has been that the social differences in different areas of the state always ends up balancing out in election results. I have always had the impression that southern Ohio is significantly more conservative than the northern half. Just for example, compare the Cleveland area to metro Cincinnati.

We used to always joke about how all of those religious billboards would start popping up once you got as far south as Columbus. We used to say it's like you're starting to hit the bible belt.
Exactly, that's what I was getting at. As a state we usually vote right in the middle because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Send all the Crackers in Ohio to W. Virginny and you will have good legal puff for all. With LIBERTY and JUSTICE and A SPLIFF for ALL. Lesbians too. They need Justice and Liberty and a Fatty. A Doobie. A J-Bar. WHATEVER. Ohio could be a great progressive state if y'all just shipped them crackers OUT.

Where did I put my lighter......?????????????/
Wow, what a dumb post.

A lot of whites in NE Ohio are some of the most liberal/progressive out there.

Wait, I just checked your profile and you are white yourself and you live in a zip code in MA that's literally 99% white. What are you doing?

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 06-11-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
However the rest of the state including the majority of small towns and rural areas will nearly always vote Republican, and are conservative AKA backwards-thinking. This also goes for most of the area surrounding Cincinnati and Columbus. This is why Bush won in Ohio, that is if it wasn't rigged the whole time.
Kerry won Cincinnati by 65%. Obama's won Cincinnati by a ridiculous majority, Hamilton County even swung for Obama. Cincinnati hasn't had a Republican Mayor since you were alive and majority council is Democratic. There are City-Data post and then there are facts. It's all public knowledge.

Typically larger metros will favor Democrats favorably ... that's just how it is.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:39 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Kerry won Cincinnati by 65%. Obama's won Cincinnati by a ridiculous majority, Hamilton County even swung for Obama. Cincinnati hasn't had a Republican Mayor since you were alive and majority council is Democratic. There are City-Data post and then there are facts. It's all public knowledge.

Typically larger metros will favor Democrats favorably ... that's just how it is.
Thank goodness for small towns and suburbs!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post

I agree, hence "several other large urban centers".

Cincinnati as a city might vote Democrat the far majority of the time, but Hamilton county is usually just slightly majority republican. Also the entire surrounding area votes Republican.

In the 2008 election, every county in SW Ohio voted for McCain/Republican except Hamilton County (Cincinnati) and Montgomery County (Dayton). http://philhardwickblog.files.wordpr...p-counties.jpg
Before 2008, Hamilton County had voted Republican in every presidential race going back 44 years. Presidential Elections History - OPEN - cleveland.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio