Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:31 AM

11 posts, read 48,370 times

Advertisements

Was just reading a few boards and came across that you are a transplant from Pittsburg....my question is..............Are you still a STEELER fan??? ( I have been up here for 18 years and still love the BLACK AND GOLD) Just wondering because I get the "business" every football season being a Steeler fan in Browns country!

HERE WE GO......STEELERS......HERE WE GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 AM

976 posts, read 3,861,936 times
LOL, yes i am a Steeler fan. Most of my neighbors here in Westlake believe it or not arent Browns fans. They are Buffalo Bill fans or New York Jet fans and Detroit Lions fans. Thats because most of my neighbors have moved here from Buffalo, Albany and Detroit. LOL me and my wife are moving to the Cincinnati metro and thats the new Pittsburgh rivalry. Did you watch the game last night in Cincy? They were booing The Bus so bad, they were both in the playoffs last year and the Bengals lost. Although if they had Carson Palmer i think Cincinnati would have went to the superbowl. Cincinnati is really an emerging team. I think they will go far again. They beat Washington 19-3 last night. It will be fun living in Bengals Country. Cant wait to go to the Steeler game in Cincinnati in November. Me and my wife are trying to get tickets. Steeler fans are always in Cincy so we wont be alone lol. The stadium in Cincinnati is awesome. I love the design. Its right on the riverfront and has great views of the skyline. Anyway, good to see another Steeler fan here on the Ohio forum.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 PM
HAS

106 posts, read 593,169 times
Cool Steelers!

Well, I'm obviously not Paintballer, but I just had to tell ya that I have lived right near Cleveland my entire life, and have also been a Steelers fan my entire life. My dad was born outside of Pittsburgh, and he converted me to a Steelers fan at a young age! At first I said I was a Pitt fan just because my mom was a Browns fan and it made her mad that my dad had "made me lose my mind," as she used to say. lol. Actually, only about 60% () of the people around here are Browns fans, and about 30% are Steelers fans, so I'm in good company!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
r2r

33 posts, read 137,111 times
Another Pittsburgh Native here.

Imagine a Pittsburgher living near Buffalo and trying to relocate to Ohio.

My colleague is a die hard Bills fan. My neighbors are die hard Bills fans. My fiance is a die hard Cowboys fan.

Can you imagine the Super Bowl party I had???? Let's just say that if any of my neighbors were unsure of where I was from, they aren't now. I had the outside speakers blaring Steeler fight songs. From polkas to rap, it was all Pittsburgh and it was loud.

Actually, I think they'll be happy if I relocate.

I have these squeeze cows (stress thingies) at work that I give out. Well the whites of the cows were painted yellow and decorated my desk. My little douglas fir still has Steeler ornaments hanging off it.

I'm really not a big football fan but you know the old saying. You can take the girl out of Pittsburgh but you can't take Pittsburgh out of the girl.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
HAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2r
Another Pittsburgh Native here.

Imagine a Pittsburgher living near Buffalo and trying to relocate to Ohio.

My colleague is a die hard Bills fan. My neighbors are die hard Bills fans. My fiance is a die hard Cowboys fan.
Yikes ! A Steelers fan and a Cowboys fan; that's almost as bad as a Steelers fan and a Browns fan! That's what my parents are, my dad a Steelers and my mom a Browns fan, but they work it out, so hopefully you guys can too! lol

Last edited by Yac; 08-16-2006 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: quote fixed

Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 PM

22 posts, read 116,071 times
The Steelers are my fave football team! Im from Nebr. so since we dont have a pro team I had to look elsewhere. I dont really like football and dont watch any game that the steelers arent playiing in. dont ask me why I like em, I just do!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM

976 posts, read 3,861,936 times
I wonder how the Steelers will do this year? Big Ben just injured his thumb that he was having problems with last year.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM
HAS

Cool They'll do fine...

I hope they do ok. I read the only thing wrong with his thumb was a bruised ligament or something along the lines of that. Cowher said he doesn't think he'll play this Saturday against the Vikings just because there's no reason for him to when he could be resting instead. He's got another three weeks before regular season starts, and they think he'll be able to make a full recovery by then. Let's all hope so!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 AM

29 posts, read 162,527 times
Just to add my 2 cents on native hometown sports teams,
I'm from Atlanta and I have always nicknamed the Atlanta Falcons
The "Gooneybirds" ;-D (LOL)

Old 08-27-2006, 03:02 PM

12 posts, read 45,520 times
All this talk, I just gotta say: "GOOOO BENGALS!"

I miss the Bengals/Browns rivalry of old, and then there's the classic matchups vs. the Steelers. Quality, hard hitting action. Now that PB Stadium has come, we can footbal played like it was meant to be - no more plastic turf!

Moving back to OH will be a good homecoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio