Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Neighbor Do you Hate
Indiana 7 23.33%
Kentucky 4 13.33%
West Virginia 6 20.00%
Pennsylvania 4 13.33%
Michigan 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:05 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,946,555 times

Advertisements

I don't mind any of them. I actually really like Pa and Mi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 03:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,156,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
To the OP,
I wouldn't say that I (Hate) Michigan, but I don't like driving up there. Those Michigan turn around that they have are a pain in the butt for a truck driver. You have to pass your turn by a block or two just to turn left and hope that you can get over fast enough with your rig to make the street that you want two blocks back. What a pain!
You know I must retract this statement.

I watched a program on TV last night and they were talking about those Michigan turn-a-rounds. And they found that instead of trying to make a left turn off a street crossing traffic to do it, or crossing over a street to go strait. That it was much safer and you spent less time at a light or stop sign if you make a right turn, going down a ways then flipping back to the left. You save more fuel and wasted less time. I guess UPS did some research on the matter and found that they saved a ton of money in fuel by making most if not all their routes in a right turn pattern. So maybe Michigan isn't so stupid after all .

Old 01-15-2011, 04:25 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,706,577 times
Michigan. I went to UM for a period and it absolutely kicked my ass. Boring scenery, unfriendly and unwelcoming natives, and just a feeling of utter sterility to live there.

And driving the stretch between Columbus and Cleveland is far worse than the stretch between Columbus and Cincinnati because there is no functioning rest stop and it's sooooo bloody looooooooooooong. The Cin-Col stretch just requires a little stamina and perseverance (and it has a rest stop that is open). The Col-Cleve stretch is at least 50% longer.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
Michigan. I went to UM for a period and it absolutely kicked my ass. Boring scenery, unfriendly and unwelcoming natives, and just a feeling of utter sterility to live there.

And driving the stretch between Columbus and Cleveland is far worse than the stretch between Columbus and Cincinnati because there is no functioning rest stop and it's sooooo bloody looooooooooooong. The Cin-Col stretch just requires a little stamina and perseverance (and it has a rest stop that is open). The Col-Cleve stretch is at least 50% longer.
Well, there are plenty of truck stops and gas stations for that to help you out from Cleveland to Columbus on I-71 .

Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 PM

560 posts, read 1,716,591 times
None of them have bothered me. The state with borders that irritate me is California. They always stop you and check to make sure you aren't bringing in any fruits of vegetables. Very annoying!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 AM

LOL, I think your on the wrong thread. This thread was started to talk about states that border the state of Ohio, LOL . You know Michigan, Penn, Kentucky, West Virginia and Indiana.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 AM

901 posts, read 2,389,777 times
I agree parts of Michigan are pretty and not really boring to drive through.

As for the drive between Columbus and Cleveland, I'm sure people would appreciate it a lot more after driving from Moriarty, New Mexico clear through to Oklahoma City on I-40. Ugh!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,910,787 times
That strip between Detroit and Monroe, Michigan on I-75 looks like a chemical dump wasteland. It is ugly as hell.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
That strip between Detroit and Monroe, Michigan on I-75 looks like a chemical dump wasteland. It is ugly as hell.
I tried to Rep you on that one, but it wouldn't let me. You are absolutely right, that area looks like an industrial war zone.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,549,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I had no idea people disliked Indiana that much. Suprising.
I love the Hoosier state. I just hate their traffic laws and the VISCIOUS enforcement of them to generate revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio