Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times

Advertisements

I love them (except Hueston Woods, redneck zone), but why is it that everytime we go to one, some idiot doesn't read the park rules (that are given to everyone in righting).

We get into these camp sites and you see things like, nails in trees, trash thrown over into the bushes, fire going and no one watching them, people hanging laundry on ropes that are tied around the trees and beer cans in the campfire rings.

Has anyone else seen things like this in Ohio's state parks?

I actually went over to the next camp site and poured water on their camp fire because they had left it unattended for over an hour. And they still didn't get back for another three hours later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 01:52 PM

365 posts, read 1,401,727 times
Being from Minnesota (a state of people that thrives on outdoor activities such as camping) I've noticed a huge lack of respect for the parks here in Ohio. It's rather disturbing actually. I haven't camped in years but I still do a lot of hiking. One thing that never ceases to amaze me that people will seemingly go out of their way to throw their trash everywhere except for in the receptacles... wtf people? You didn't have a problem carrying whatever it was that you brought in with you, but you can't carry it another 100 yards to the next trash can? Another pet peeve of mine are tree carvers... Do you really think anyone cares if RJ loves ML? I sure don't. People really need to start appreciating what they have before it's all taken away.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
Being from Minnesota (a state of people that thrives on outdoor activities such as camping) I've noticed a huge lack of respect for the parks here in Ohio. It's rather disturbing actually. I haven't camped in years but I still do a lot of hiking. One thing that never ceases to amaze me that people will seemingly go out of their way to throw their trash everywhere except for in the receptacles... wtf people? You didn't have a problem carrying whatever it was that you brought in with you, but you can't carry it another 100 yards to the next trash can? Another pet peeve of mine are tree carvers... Do you really think anyone cares if RJ loves ML? I sure don't. People really need to start appreciating what they have before it's all taken away.
I'd like to see the park rangers strat nailing them to the trees. Although I have seen more and more folks starting to point these tings out to the Camp Hosts and park rangers more than not.
The ones that get me are the idiots that rent ONE spot ( and there is a limit to how many people to a camp site) and you'll see a half dozen tents along with a camper. Hueston woods was like that. There's a reason why they have limits to how many people are to be at each camp site folks , read your rules pamphlet.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:42 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,702,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
Being from Minnesota (a state of people that thrives on outdoor activities such as camping) I've noticed a huge lack of respect for the parks here in Ohio. It's rather disturbing actually. I haven't camped in years but I still do a lot of hiking. One thing that never ceases to amaze me that people will seemingly go out of their way to throw their trash everywhere except for in the receptacles... wtf people?
Welcome to Ohio's endemic white trash redneck culture. Rednecks love dirtying things up and they love nothing better than to do so in Ohio. Rednecks don't consider any space sacred.

Many Ohioans are basically "Walmart People". Not all, and the intelligent humans here find it as grating as you do.

But to get rid of the littering culture here you'd have to depopulate the state. We're a white trash haven.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,432,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
Welcome to Ohio's endemic white trash redneck culture. Rednecks love dirtying things up and they love nothing better than to do so in Ohio. Rednecks don't consider any space sacred.

Many Ohioans are basically "Walmart People". Not all, and the intelligent humans here find it as grating as you do.

But to get rid of the littering culture here you'd have to depopulate the state. We're a white trash haven.
My nephew in Ohio complains of the same thing you and Earthbound posted.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post

Yep AP and Ohioan58, it's a dang shame that so many people don't think about the legacy that we are leaving our children and grand-chilren everytime they trask our state parks. And it doesn't stop there either, along the hi-ways, back roads and even manytimes our own back yards. My wife and I like to recycle everything we can ie, cans, glass, newspapers, metal, cardboard and old clotheing. And when we go to the state parks we like to take as much out with us as we took in with us.

I've been to some of these S/P's and have even seen that some idiot has tried to burn their aluminium cans and beer bottles in the fire-rings . First off your not suppose to have alcohol in any of the S/P's here in Ohio, but everyone does do it. As long as they are respectable to each other and follow the rules, it doesn't draw the attention of the park rangers.

I would love to see everyone in this state of ours visit our state parks in all four seasons and see how much they have to offer in beauty and maybe then they'll learn to appreciate them even more.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I love them (except Hueston Woods, redneck zone), but why is it that everytime we go to one, some idiot doesn't read the park rules (that are given to everyone in righting).

We get into these camp sites and you see things like, nails in trees, trash thrown over into the bushes, fire going and no one watching them, people hanging laundry on ropes that are tied around the trees and beer cans in the campfire rings.

Has anyone else seen things like this in Ohio's state parks?

I actually went over to the next camp site and poured water on their camp fire because they had left it unattended for over an hour. And they still didn't get back for another three hours later.
Sounds like illegal immigrants to me.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:48 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,432,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sounds like illegal immigrants to me.
Makes ya wonder what their houses and yards look like.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Makes ya wonder what their houses and yards look like.
If they have one.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If they have one.
They probibly have so much trash about and broke down cars one could never tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio