Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
So, does Ohio have a procedure to recall the gov? If so, I think it's time.
Yep! And forgot to use it when that sorry piece of human flesh Bob (Tax'm to death) Taft use in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:16 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
After reading these two stories, the basic impression that I have is that Kasich believes public employees should treat taxpaying residents with respect, but that respect need not be reciprocated.
Exactly how it seems to me as well. The new governor makes me very nervous.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:23 AM

560 posts, read 1,714,902 times
I love how everyone is all over Kasich for this... like none of you have ever gotten a ticket and thought the cop was an idiot, a douche, or whatever. I know I have.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Of course. But I did so privately. Nor am I a public figure, an elected official, or the leader of the state government.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:41 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,432,844 times
And there is the difference, Kasich can get away with it...but I don't recommend the ordinary citizen try it.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,174,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I love how everyone is all over Kasich for this... like none of you have ever gotten a ticket and thought the cop was an idiot, a douche, or whatever. I know I have.
Not in a public forum, not as a public official, and not as a state executive. There's a big difference.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:45 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,630,638 times
Well, the idiot Kasich has a lot of work to do, and it seems like he is starting to doubt himself. I knew this guy was going to be trouble. Now everyone, even the people who voted for him see it. I really think Ohio is going to be the worst state to live in in four years. It sounds drastic, but this guy is idioticly drastic if you will. I just took a job in Cincinnati, but I regret it at days. I was almost ready to move back to Pennsylvania. Might just do that someday though, because there is no doubt it is going to get worse in Ohio.

Harvard 'Ohio Competitiveness' report shows Kasich has a steep mountain to climb - Columbus Government | Examiner.com

Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 PM

68 posts, read 178,652 times
I'm still shocked that this man got elected... I firmly believe he'll be out in four years. But the damage he's going to cause will be immense.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM

314 posts, read 639,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Well, the idiot Kasich has a lot of work to do, and it seems like he is starting to doubt himself. I knew this guy was going to be trouble. Now everyone, even the people who voted for him see it. I really think Ohio is going to be the worst state to live in in four years. It sounds drastic, but this guy is idioticly drastic if you will. I just took a job in Cincinnati, but I regret it at days. I was almost ready to move back to Pennsylvania. Might just do that someday though, because there is no doubt it is going to get worse in Ohio.

Harvard 'Ohio Competitiveness' report shows Kasich has a steep mountain to climb - Columbus Government | Examiner.com

Yup, I look forward to years of NOT hearing from the absolute morons in this forum that thought electing him was a good idea.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM

314 posts, read 639,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post

If you got pulled over, odds are very good you were pulled over for a reason by someone that's just doing their job. I've been pulled over *numerous* times in 4 states during my long driving career, and have only walked away from ONE of those instances saying "That guy was a jerk", because he was. The other dozen+ times, I walked away saying "Crap, I can't believe I got busted... at least he was nice about it. He's just doing his job ". The one time I was put off, it was clear he was having a bad day and was taking it out on me. But I told it to my lawyer, I didn't go in front of a public crowd and berate him. And even if I did, I wasn't berating one of my own state employees. The governor's job is to instill faith in public institutions and the state of Ohio. You don't do that by going around badmouthing one of our most valuable assets (those who maintain law and order and protect us).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio