Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm with you. I was supporting Ron Paul, but I'm leaning toward Gary Johnson. Though I've NEVER been on board with Romney. Neither status quo candidate is getting my vote. People can say all that they want "a vote Johnson or Paul is a vote for Obama!" I say bull****! Why would I vote for candidates in which I do not agree with their policies? Sorry, but I don't play the "lesser of two evils" game or go along to get along.
Hi no1brownsfan--

Quoted for truth. Ron Paul or Gary Johnson all the way. And I keep telling all my friends (who as a group tilt decidedly to the right) that they can vote for the lesser of two evils if they'd like: come back in four years and tell me how voting for evil is working out for them.

I'm adamantly and completely opposed to Obama's second term, above all because he would likely reappoint Ben Bernanke to the Fed. Ben Bernanke has been the most corrupt, dangerous, power-hungry, inflationary Fed chairman in history. And it is Ben Bernanke's zero-interest-rate-policy which unnecessarily prolongs the recession more than PPACA, WIC, TANF, SSI, DI, OASI, LIHEAP, SCHIP, and the rest of the alphabet soup government programs ever could have done on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi no1brownsfan--

Quoted for truth. Ron Paul or Gary Johnson all the way. And I keep telling all my friends (who as a group tilt decidedly to the right) that they can vote for the lesser of two evils if they'd like: come back in four years and tell me how voting for evil is working out for them.

I'm adamantly and completely opposed to Obama's second term, above all because he would likely reappoint Ben Bernanke to the Fed. Ben Bernanke has been the most corrupt, dangerous, power-hungry, inflationary Fed chairman in history. And it is Ben Bernanke's zero-interest-rate-policy which unnecessarily prolongs the recession more than PPACA, WIC, TANF, SSI, DI, OASI, LIHEAP, SCHIP, and the rest of the alphabet soup government programs ever could have done on their own.

Thanks for the props. Let's not forget to mention continuing the BS "war on drugs" in which the dems and repubs continue to fully support, which is ruining more lives and further lining the prison industrial complexes pockets! Our government plays both sides of the drug war. To think otherwise is ridiculous! I mean, why do we continue to have a silly war and lock people up over a plant? Why? Because it's all based on money, propaganda and lies, that's why!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Thanks for the props. Let's not forget to mention continuing the BS "war on drugs" in which the dems and repubs continue to fully support, which is ruining more lives and further lining the prison industrial complexes pockets! Our government plays both sides of the drug war. To think otherwise is ridiculous! I mean, why do we continue to have a silly war and lock people up over a plant? Why? Because it's all based on money, propaganda and lies, that's why!
Hi no1brownsfan--

I remember doing a report on that in college. If I recall correctly, we lock away something like 800,000 people away for drug offenses each year - and some 75% of those are for simple possession of marijuana. At a cost to our state and local governments of $50 billion.

I guess the politicians have been watching too much Reefer Madness to not realize that I've never heard of somebody who died from a weed overdose - but people die from alcohol poisoning and DUI's daily.

I guess the difference is that politicians currently get tax revenue from alcohol, whereas they don't from other drugs.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Hi no1brownsfan--

I remember doing a report on that in college. If I recall correctly, we lock away something like 800,000 people away for drug offenses each year - and some 75% of those are for simple possession of marijuana. At a cost to our state and local governments of $50 billion.

I guess the politicians have been watching too much Reefer Madness to not realize that I've never heard of somebody who died from a weed overdose - but people die from alcohol poisoning and DUI's daily.

I guess the difference is that politicians currently get tax revenue from alcohol, whereas they don't from other drugs.

Big pharma, the prison industrial complex, big alcohol, and tobacco are the ones that keep lobbying to keep the war on weed going, as it would cut into their profits! I say too bad! More and more people are waking up to the lies and BS! Furthermore, I refuse to support any politicians that are prohibitionists! Prohibition of alcohol didn't work, so why should it be any different with weed?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Romney/Ryan will get my vote. Not wild about the choice, but Obama is a disaster. And no, it isn't Bush's fault. That's a pathetic argument. Using that logic, Republicans could say the recession started towards the end of Clinton's 2nd term, and when Clinton had the opportunity to do something about bin Laden he didn't, 9/11 happened, and the economy really took a dive afterwards. So maybe Obama should be blaming Clinton if he wants to blame someone else.

I consider myself an independent voter because there isn't a political party that I identify with. Politics1.com has a list of parties, and a short description of each. Eventually a new party will spring up that truly represents all Americans, even ones like me who are heterosexual single white men without children, don't earn alot of money, have good Christian values, and recognize the importance of having a strong military.

Some of the reasons I'll vote for Romney:

1) He wants to limit the government's out of control spending. Obama has added five to six trillion dollars to the national debt.

Based on what? First, Obama did not add 5-6 trillion in debt. A president does not unilaterally control budgets. It would be impossible for him to spend that much just based on constituational seperation of powers. Congress would've had to approve it, and they have done nothing of the sort. Second, much of the debt occurred because of the weak economy in the form of lost tax revenues, weaker dollar, etc. It would've been there had McCain or anyone else been president. Sorry, but your first reason is completely wrong and not based in reality, and this is not just an opinion.

2) Romney will do a much better job of working with the Dems than Obama has with the Rebublicans. Obama's arrogance has been a huge problem and made it impossible for the two parties to get things done. Mayor Bloomberg of New York met Obama after Obama was elected and called him the most arrogant man he'd ever met.

So you hold the obstructionist Congress in no fault? Again, Obama cannot just do whatever he wants, contrary to popular belief. Republicans in Congress have made it their personal goal to get in his way at every turn, and in the end have really done nothing. And frankly, don't all presidents have a large ego? Wouldn't you have to if you think you're the one person who is the best to lead the most powerful nation and set the example for the world? It's a given. Romney has shown no sign he's any different.

3) Romney recognizes the military needs to be beefed up more than it is. Obama's clueless on this issue.

I'm sorry, but what? The US military budget is significantly higher than every other nation on earth and is larger than the next few largest combined. It's not that there isn't enough spending on defense, it's that we engage in stupid crap we shouldn't. Defense can and should be cut. Romney's budget calling for 20% cuts across the board but raising it for the last thing it's needed in is nuts and makes no mathematical sense.

4) There's a holocaust going on in this country in the name of abortion. It's unbelievable that we'd allow the murder of innocent babies in the womb. If Obama wins he could end up nominating two Supreme Court justices in his 2nd turn.

You'll never get everyone to agree on this, and what you're basically saying is that your opinion supercede all others. You want personal morality legislated for the entire country. Not everyone agrees when life begins, not everyone agrees where abortions should be cut off. Why should one man decide for everyone else? This is a perfect example of big government.

5) Energy independence - Romney wants to make this country energy independent by 2020, Obama has been a disaster on this front.

Really? The US is an exporting nation now when it comes to oil and gas. Oil use is actually down, and so are our foreign imports. Not sure where Obama has been a disaster on this.

6) Romney will fight for fair trade, especially against the Chinese.

So is Obama.

7) They need to repeal the new Health Care law.

No, it probably needs tweaked more than repealed. There are popular and unpopular programs with it, but I disagree with throwing out all ideas just because some of them may not appeal to everyone.

There are other reasons, but it's time to get ready for work.

Last comment - sad that many people who vote wont watch the debates, and don't really have a good idea what Romney stands for. But why they would vote for Obama again after the disaster he's been, is beyond me. It's scary.

We need a 3rd party that appeals to all Americans. There just isn't one out there yet that does that. For now though the Republican party comes the closest.
Romney has had more than a year to get his message across to the public. The primary campaign was long and how many debates occurred during that time? He's been the presumptive nomination for many months and he also had a convention. In all that time with all that attention, he couldn't inform the people on what he stands for? Come on. The fact is that the people DO know what he stands for. He puts his foot in his mouth almost daily, and he comes across exactly as he really is: an out of touch millionaire who doesn't really care about the middle/lower class. It's not that people don't know Romney or what he stands for. They do, and more people just don't like it.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Hi all--

If you want to know what's really going on, just follow the money.

Quote:
Top Contributors to Mitt Romney
Goldman Sachs $676,080
JPMorgan Chase & Co $520,299
Morgan Stanley $513,647
Bank of America $510,728
Credit Suisse Group $427,560
Citigroup Inc $363,015
Barclays $349,400
Wells Fargo $320,025
Kirkland & Ellis $309,042
Deloitte LLP $286,110
PricewaterhouseCoopers $266,650
UBS AG $259,200
HIG Capital $220,495
Blackstone Group $219,525
Bain Capital $172,500
Elliot Management $172,475
General Electric $158,800
Ernst & Young $156,425
Marriott International $154,837
Bain & Co $145,800
Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets

Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Romney has had more than a year to get his message across to the public. The primary campaign was long and how many debates occurred during that time? He's been the presumptive nomination for many months and he also had a convention. In all that time with all that attention, he couldn't inform the people on what he stands for? Come on. The fact is that the people DO know what he stands for. He puts his foot in his mouth almost daily, and he comes across exactly as he really is: an out of touch millionaire who doesn't really care about the middle/lower class. It's not that people don't know Romney or what he stands for. They do, and more people just don't like it.
Sounds like you are describing Obama. Well the President has been campaigning for 2 years so he has gotten so,e sort of message out but the movie 2016 will give you more insight at what he is all about. Obama has made so many blunders that he is embarrasing, unfortunately the liberal media always gives him a pass. Just this month he's done nice work with Israel relations, the mid-east terror attact on 9/11 (oops it's all about the video ). Atleast he is finding time to golf, do Letterman and do campaign stop with celebrities. He has gained alot of wealth while President, has someone shopping for a $25 million home in Hawaii for he and Mabelle. The middle class WILL get hurt with increased taxes under Obama.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,453 times
Anyone that would vote for Obama is simply delusional, out of touch with reality. He is ruining this country. As it is we can't pay 16 trillion debt, we're already screwed. Romney is our ONLY hope. If Obamasama wins re election, anyone that can afford to will leave this country. The fools left here will be so sorry. Gad, unreal how easily manipulated people can be. Look up brainwashing techniques. Osamabama uses all of them. Forward forward forward? Don't be such a sucker! WAKE UP.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You mean Romney who said that Obama recklessly!? cut military budget. In Romney' world, Obama spending on military more than the rest of the world combined is not sufficient. He wants more military spendings. Luckily we can limit the government's out of control spending by becoming a bona fide Banana Republic of the slums, military/police/prisons and palaces.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response: So it's okay with you if our military men and women have to serve several tours in a war zone because our troop strength isn't large enough? There'll come a day when we will have to fight a war with a country like China, Russia, or both, rather than a terrorist organization. We had better be prepared when it happens, because it takes a long time to train and mobilize a military force. Increasing troop strength and some of the weaponry doesn't mean you have to increase spending as much as some would believe. There's a lot of waste in government, including the military. We have to do a better job cutting wasteful spending. Just to give you an example, I spent six years in the miltary, and even then when I was considering staying in for 20 years, I didn't believe military personnel should start getting paid their military pension until a certain age, 62 probably. A lot of people will disagree with me on that, but I think it's absurd that an abled bodied person would start getting paid retirement from the military at age 38 or whenever they retire.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Obama debt, it's fictitious. The question to ask - where has Federal Reserve gotten extra 6 trillions to loan to government so it could give it to the obscenely wealthy so they could loan it to us? Correct. They created it out of thin air. The question to ask #2, why nation should apply very real physical and mental efforts to repay bankers for something they didn't spend an ounce of efforts to create? Trading thin air for real efforts is not right.
My response: The Obama debt is fictitious, eh? Poor little Barry was just minding his own business when other people added 5.5 trillion to the debt during his time as president. You're going to defend him on his reckless spending?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama is a true servant of the financial Capital. Obama didn't nationalize bankrupt banks for penny on a dollar in 2008 to stock bank with tax money and keep credit flowing (while looking for buyers), that would be commie, just imagine talk radio frenzy. That would have been hysteria unknown to human kind. Adding fictitious 6 trillions to nation's debt to save assets of obscenely rich is Marxist in talk radio world. Obama is Marxist in your world, right?

Guess what, you'll need to spend very real physical efforts to pay for 1) interest on private loans (on money Obama created and distributed to the wealthy so they could keep their lending businesses/assets and loan fresh money to you), 2) taxes to pay for national "debt" and interest on money bankers pulled straight from their arses. Sweet deal. Obama is Marxist right?

Save a fetus kill a child, those little entitlement bundles, what a shame. As soon as a newborn leave a womb, he has no value for the right wing crowd battling entitlement mentality of the poor kids in the real need to finance very real entitlement mentality of the rich who never can have enough. Lives of tens of thousands of brown third world kids killed by American bombs, bullets and blockades for no good reason are not even on the right wing compassionate radar.
So let it be stated you believe in killing babies in the womb. And of course you would eventually get to the charges of racism at some point. Predictable, offensive, and dumb.

You left wing loons are scary. So the heck what if you don't like who I'm voting for and my reasons for doing so. Just answer the questions posed by the OP and vote for who you want. If you want to debate certain issues go to the Political forum, or write a letter to your elected leaders. You left-wingers just like to viciously attack anyone that doesn't agree with you, and can't take any type of criticism of your precious Barry Obama. Boo-hoo. Cry me a river, then go jump in a lake.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:35 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Quote:
Hi all--

If you want to know what's really going on, just follow the money.

Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
Are you going to be fair and balanced and post the president's contributors as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio