Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 08:12 PM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
ok you live in Bexley, median family income $120k (2x City of Columbus). Nobody is saying the central areas of Columbus aren't pretty decent. But merely that the area is tiny compared to the vast cultureless soul crushing suburban strip mall landscape.

There simply are no good areas to live in Columbus if you aren't rich. Simple as. I live in Collinwood (median household income 43k)in Cleveland and can afford a place 200 ft from the lake, can walk to two beaches, have a 24 hour bus line down the block, private park on my street overlooking the lake, 1 mile long commerical district on 185th, Arts district under 2 miles from me, actually nice looking housing stock (not endless ranches), sidewalks (uncommon in many parts of Columbus), I mean I can keep going. I do not make 6 figures or anywhere close. I'm 10 miles from downtown too btw.
There are maybe no good areas to live in Miami if you're not rich. Or San Francisco. But Columbus? If you think everyone who lives in a good area of Columbus is rich, then LOL. Might be time you got out more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 07:07 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,484,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
There are maybe no good areas to live in Miami if you're not rich. Or San Francisco. But Columbus? If you think everyone who lives in a good area of Columbus is rich, then LOL. Might be time you got out more.
I'm typing this from Columbus, OH actually. As usual, you have completely and intentionally misunderstood my post.

Please tell me the neighborhoods in Columbus, OH where you can subsist on a median income and live in a walkable area. I'll wait. You clearly are the Columbus expert despite not living here or really knowing anything whatsoever about the place.

Old 10-16-2023, 11:23 AM

1,321 posts, read 873,381 times
Quote:
I'm typing this from Columbus, OH actually. As usual, you have completely and intentionally misunderstood my post.

Please tell me the neighborhoods in Columbus, OH where you can subsist on a median income and live in a walkable area. I'll wait. You clearly are the Columbus expert despite not living here or really knowing anything whatsoever about the place.
I lived in Victorian Village in 2018-2020 on a paltry grad student salary of $26k per year. Barely used my car.

Old 10-16-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnerb View Post
I lived in Victorian Village in 2018-2020 on a paltry grad student salary of $26k per year. Barely used my car.
go on zillow and tell me which house you would buy on $26k per year and which bank is lending on that.

Old 10-16-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
go on zillow and tell me which house you would buy on $26k per year and which bank is lending on that.
Someone immediately completes your challenge that you were so sure no one was going to complete, and so of course you move the goalposts. Pitiful.

Old 10-16-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:

I have relatives and friends who live in areas of Columbus like this. I'm not going to elaborate because it's not a big deal and I'm not here to push a narrative.

Old 10-16-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
No. I already answered your question and refuted your initial point. Home ownership isn’t a requirement to “subsist in a walkable area”.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnerb View Post
No. I already answered your question and refuted your initial point. Home ownership isn’t a requirement to “subsist in a walkable area”.
sorry dude your grad student life isn’t exactly reality. besides you can’t rent for under $1500 in victorian village. you cannot live on $26k in victorian village. not to mention since 2020 prices have gone up considerably. ridiculous comment.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I have relatives and friends who live in areas of Columbus like this. I'm not going to elaborate because it's not a big deal and I'm not here to push a narrative.
why is everyone like this? i’ve been trying to be proven wrong and nobody has anything concrete to say other than suggesting you only need $26k to live in victorian village.

if it’s so obvious how amazing and urban columbus is, why is it next to impossible to find anything good? and why does nobody want to share their insider info?

if i am answering my own question id say southern orchards within like a half mile of parsons. though it’s kinda street by street in terms of roughness. where we are buying in north linden has a small degree of walkability too but not objectively great compared to what i’m used to.

where do your friends live?? i want to check it out.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:48 PM

Quote:
sorry dude your grad student life isn’t exactly reality. besides you can’t rent for under $1500 in victorian village. you cannot live on $26k in victorian village. not to mention since 2020 prices have gone up considerably. ridiculous comment.
Not reality? I literally lived it. There’s tens of thousands of grad students that live in Columbus.

Median household in Columbus is around $58k, per the US census. Budget calculators suggest that someone at this income level can spend up to $1,500in rent to be financially stable. I checked Zillow and found many apartments/condos in Victorian Village (and other core neighborhoods) for under $1,500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio