Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times

Advertisements

Yes when you live in a neighborhood you deal with a lot of kids but not everyone needs to deal with those kids. We have a lot of kids in the neighborhood and quite honestly then get on my nerves sometimes but mostly due to the fact that parents just let kids play outside with no supervision and when something happens, parents have more excuses than the kids! Those kids in this story live in an area where they could walk to a park or school and play football and learn to walk away from the situation instead of disrepecting their elders. How about playing in the back yard? Or where they playing in the street? --thats illegal isnt it? That lady has probably lived in that house her entire life (looks like it according to auditors records) and I applaud her for speaking up and telling people to keep off her yard no matter if its a ball, pet or person. Whether we like it or not that is her property and her right.

And my 16 year old is a minor but I would kick his butt for less than this-but I'm trying to raise a kid that respects people and their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:20 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Kids in my hood throw the football around in the middle of the street and then stop right when you get close. Eh ... that's part of living in an urban environment, but it outweighs the opposite.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM

107 posts, read 244,899 times
Here is the article as it appeared in todays local paper. I live in Cincinnati and I live in Blue Ash. I believe most kids do respect their elders and this isn't just a "Blue Ash" thing. It is important to note that this woman has taken up issues with other families on her street. I'm not saying she is mean or hateful but just trying to make a statement. The same neighbor who the son and the football belongs to cuts this woman's grass, shovels the snow from her sidewalk, etc. and he does this in good faith.
Woman, 89, arrested for keeping football | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

Just a couple of years ago in a town called Anderson, a man shot a kid and killed him because he didn't like the kid cutting across his lawn. We all need to take a minute, count to ten and take a deep breath before reacting.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
As an addicted WLW 700 AM listener, I've heard ALL about this story. And, while I certainly believe in "respecting your elders", this woman really is an old witch. Scott Sloan had the kid and his mother on his program last night. I usually can tell if someone's trying to pull a fast one. I'm with the kid and his family. The kid's dad mowed this woman's lawn for FREE for over five years... Other neighbors called in to complain about her and another neighbor that just can't seem to get along with anyone else. I'm on the kid's side.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
As an addicted WLW 700 AM listener
Do you need a 12-step program for that??

Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I second this! lol

I'll listen every now and then ... only to see what the enemy is up to though.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:35 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,331 times
what a petty crime I am surprised she didn't file charges against the boys for trespassing

Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
While I agree in some ways with you raising3boys I have to say no matter the disposion of people a persons home is their own and their rights should be accepted and obeyed. I find myself plagued with people walking their dogs on the sidewalks of my corner lot which is fine, the problem is they let the dog lead them and the dogs stop and do their business on my yard. I have asked them to stop and they tell me it is a public area. I feel they are poor neighbors to do such a thing when they have a nice yard of their own. I'm sure the old lady could do very little that would be called illegal unless it was firing a gun which I'm sure never happened. Maybe the kids leaned a lesson and the police have egg on their face.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:47 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Probably... I think Cincy-rise has it right; I listen to see what the other side is up to. I start my day out with America's Trucking Network and enjoy the trucking and other non-partisan info. But many of Steve Sommers' listeners are a LOT farther to the right than I am. (When it gets unbearable, I switch to WGRR) I apreciate Mike McConnell's Libertarian streak, and he does have common sense on most of the social issues, IMHO. But his take on the Republicans is straight out of the Clear Channel play book. I'm (MERCIFULLY) in bed when Cunningham is on the air. I like Scott Sloan and wish they'd put the Bungles and Red Legs on a sister station and give him a regular 9-midnight show.

I still side with the family (and the other neighbors that were victimized by this crotchety old woman...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: