Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 PM

6 posts, read 6,633 times

Advertisements

I recently put an offer on a house. It was listed pending because it had two(2) offers, however the first accepted offer pulled before closing..since listed pending my realtor contacted the Listing Agent & we were told it was a short sale, and we would be working with the Bank as well as the Buyer, didnt understand that but OK.. We did offer with 20% down, and bid low because we knew it was a short sale with items needing to be repaired from the original listing. We were then told that our offer was lower than a previous offer several weeks earlier but the listing agent would pass it on to the Bank. I was then given my earnest money back and was told that they(Buyer & Bank) went back to the 2nd offer(which also happened to be the listing agents offer) behind the busted offer(before mine)I was offered no negotiations or counter offers or highest and best, no chance to win the contract. I then start looking for another home, and low and behold the home is back on the market as Active and $5,000.00 higher.. What in the world??? is this unethical or is this a normal practice.. Should I call the Bank and let them know what is up with the Realtor that has there house listed? I would have thought I could have been given the option to raise my bid or counter offer or something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
You are expecting rational thoughts from bankers. If 2007 left us a lesson it is this, the mega-banks are run by drunken blithering idiots and the smaller ones are often no better. I'm sorry you got the runaround.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City