Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:39 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
1000% agree. My one mistake thus far has been not volunteering at church. I may do that, but really, I'm not religious. I need to get out of here and go back to Atlanta. Going there next month. Wish me luck, as I am interviewing. It is such a shame. The dating life is by far my biggest complaint, more-so than the awful weather (today aside). Anyway, I HAVE to get out of here to have any hope of having a family of my own. Its a shame because my job is awesome. I just can't continue to have work be the only thing I enjoy, and I'm not enjoying that much anymore anyway.
How could you not find a date in Oklahoma City? Just at LifeChurch on Edmond Rd & Penn. there are literally hundreds of single women. 5:00 on Saturday evening or 6:00 on Sunday evening. Mingle and visit in the lobby before or after church, guaranteed to meet someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 11:10 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
It's every bit as boring as you want it to be..........just like every other city

Old 02-10-2015, 02:22 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
1000% agree. My one mistake thus far has been not volunteering at church. I may do that, but really, I'm not religious. I need to get out of here and go back to Atlanta. Going there next month. Wish me luck, as I am interviewing. It is such a shame. The dating life is by far my biggest complaint, more-so than the awful weather (today aside). Anyway, I HAVE to get out of here to have any hope of having a family of my own. Its a shame because my job is awesome. I just can't continue to have work be the only thing I enjoy, and I'm not enjoying that much anymore anyway.
I think you should dm that other hipster doofus that was on here pi$$ing and moaning on every thread and go to his magical secret place.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:35 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think you should dm that other hipster doofus that was on here pi$$ing and moaning on every thread and go to his magical secret place.
He moved to Phoenix. I really want to be back on the East Coast. More accepting people and a much better dating scene.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:21 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Oklahoma and OKC are too conservative, I crack up when I hear folks like Stiffnecked suggest going to a church. A church would be the last place most young professionals would consider going. I was born and raised here and love Oklahoma, but we need to look at other places where young professionals are going and see what they are doing to attract them. Not only do we have a hard time attracting young professionals but we have a hard time keeping out young folks here. Oklahoma has a serious brain drain. Some companies have moved out of Oklahoma because of the difficulty of attracting talent and keeping it here.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Oklahoma and OKC are too conservative, I crack up when I hear folks like Stiffnecked suggest going to a church. A church would be the last place most young professionals would consider going. I was born and raised here and love Oklahoma, but we need to look at other places where young professionals are going and see what they are doing to attract them. Not only do we have a hard time attracting young professionals but we have a hard time keeping out young folks here. Oklahoma has a serious brain drain. Some companies have moved out of Oklahoma because of the difficulty of attracting talent and keeping it here.
I would imagine we need to be more thankful that Oklahoma isn't any more conservative acting than it is. For instance, Oklahoma is handling the legalization of gay marriage better than Alabama is.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:38 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,627 times
In other words, the guy failed and washed out. So he is bitter and blames the city it happened in. What happened at the previous place he was at? Another failure?

Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
He moved to Phoenix. I really want to be back on the East Coast. More accepting people and a much better dating scene.
I hope he does well in Phoenix but his hatred for OKC is simply pathological. Dude has some issues.

As for you. I still find it amazing that you can't find one woman in OKC that is suitable but whatever. Other than that particular issue you aren't blaming Oklahoma City for everything from your mental health to your acne like our the other guy.

I hope you stumble onto somebody if you do indeed like your job here, but that being said, it's easy to see that OKC isn't as suited for 20 somethings as Atlanta or some other larger cities.

Besides the megachurch idea, sometimes participating in hobby groups allows you to meet people.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:24 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I hope he does well in Phoenix but his hatred for OKC is simply pathological. Dude has some issues.

As for you. I still find it amazing that you can't find one woman in OKC that is suitable but whatever. Other than that particular issue you aren't blaming Oklahoma City for everything from your mental health to your acne like our the other guy.

I hope you stumble onto somebody if you do indeed like your job here, but that being said, it's easy to see that OKC isn't as suited for 20 somethings as Atlanta or some other larger cities.

Besides the megachurch idea, sometimes participating in hobby groups allows you to meet people.
Eddie, as you pointed out, I don't blame OKC for everything. But having said that, I'm a 40-something year old guy looking for a wife and to start a family. This ain't the place for that. I probably won't have much luck back in Atlanta or if I move to Dallas either because of my age and relying too much on internet dating where women in their 30's cut their age limit off at 39. So yeah, I am stuck in the worst dating city ever, but it is compounded by my age. Can't totally change that with a move. Aside from that, the weather is awful here, people aren't inclusive if you haven't known them their entire f'ing life (because it isn't a "transient" city like others since NOBODY really wants to live here for any reason other than their family is from here). There isn't much in the way of professional sports (I miss my football team and baseball team), festivals, mountains, concerts, etc. Its just blah for me. That's because I'm a big city guy, with all the traffic, pollution, crime, and all the negatives that go with it. I'm not a country boy. This "city" is for country people. Its not a real city, though much better than it was 15 years ago, from what I hear. The small consolation is I like my job and the restaurants here, but it just isn't enough. So thats my rant.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
It's astonishing to me that you have failed to find the woman of your dreams in OKC or at least a woman to date. I can't imagine your age being a detriment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City