Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:59 PM

793 posts, read 1,113,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Good questions. A good place to start is look at cities around OKC's size and economic stature, places like Memphis, Louisville, Richmond, Jacksonville FL, etc. What do they have that OKC doesn't?

I had a long post typed out hitting on everything that is wrong with OKC but I think I am going to sum it up in this way. Think about what makes places like Memphis, Louisville, Richmond, Jacksonville, etc more attractive and desirable than OKC. Then consider the fact that OKC once had all of these things but opted to demolish it all in a failed urban renewal project in the 1970s and early 1980s. Because of this, I think the ship has sailed on OKC ever becoming what it could have been. It will take 20 years or so of development at its current pace to bring this city to the point that it should already be.

In addition, for such a suburban town as OKC, suburban development here is still pretty much stuck in the 1980s. You don't have the nice, attractive suburbs you have in other cities.
No attractive suburbs? I don't agree with that. OKC has attractive suburbs and plenty of attractive areas within the suburbs and within OKC itself. What do you mean by "suburban development...stuck in the 1980s"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City