Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendal35 View Post
hi everybody thanks for the answers. Seems like the area the realator is directing us is around university everything she has sent has been in nw okc. Are the areas better the futher you get away from downtown
if you have a 12 year old you may want to also consider schools, unless he or she is home schooled. Peggy tells me the Putnam City school district in OKC is pretty good. I don't know if the house you're talking about is in that area or not -- you may want to check it out. we are moving from nj to ok at the end of february, and we just bought a house in mustang. we really, really liked the town and we're very happy with the house. it was a little more than you're wanting to spend, but there were some in your price range in mustang and yukon when we were looking just recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 04:46 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
That's a really cute house, HT. I was trying to remember the name of that street lately. My son was playing T ball for Hawthorne and we would play Gatewood a lot.

The further you go from downtown, the newer the houses are. Some of the nicest areas of OKC are located very close to downtown. Speaking of Hawthorne school, I always really liked the area west of Villa between 12th St and 16th St. Beautiful architecture on those homes.

I wouldn't want to live right on NW 23rd or on May Avenue though. Too much traffic.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Lots of wonderful old homes in Gatewood. OCU has really made a difference in that area.
My family lived in Gatewood in the early eighties. The place has really become much nicer because of the success of OCU in the last decade.
I have met many people that have moved to OKC....In fear they would initially choose a suburb city outside of OKC, only to find themselves moving closer to the core because of all the amenities. When you can choose between Sushi Neko ect. or Applebees ect. it starts to wear on people...People on the outside of OKC get tired of chains and no entertainment. Trying to play it safe when you first move to OKC is understandable, but many that want a better lifestyle end up hanging around the neat older parts of OKC. Then they start looking into homes closer to these historic districts for the culture/amenities. You can literally see richer people from Edmond relocating back into Nichols Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City